Cintiq 24HD RED RED RED

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cintiq 24HD RED RED RED

Dang, my new 24HD is really putting out red heavy colors.
    I dont need the colors to be exact but I need it way closer than what it is.

I know its NOT the tablet itself, because webpages all look the same on the Cintiq as well as my Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display- so its definitely an adobe thing? Right?

I suppose what I want to do is find a way to eye ball match the colors of my Cintiq to the Thunderbolt Display or iPad.

Any advice?
    THANKS

(Mac Mini + Cintiq 24HD (plugged into the HD port on the mac mini) + Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display (Plugged into the Thunderbolt port on the mac mini)

OSX/Adobe CS5

Last edited by en_b; May 22nd, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Go to your color management settings in Adobe and make sure it's using the same profile as your web pages/OS.

You'll also want to get a monitor calibrator, like Spyder.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sorta fixed. Thanks

Thanks Arshes.
    You led me to try out a couple things one of which was to go to the Display Settings on my actual computer (not on the cintiq) and select the cintiq (which I didnt know you could do) and assign the Thunderbolt Profile from the drop down menu.
    The color is still just a little dark but I think I can adjust that with the cintiq controls.
    Its not perfect but way way better.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Monitor profiles can be a serious pain in the butt. I'm glad you got it mostly figured out.

In addition to Arshes recommendation, Pantone makes a reasonable color calibration tool called Huey that not only calibrates your monitor but takes ambient light into account in your work area and automatically adjusts brightness and whatnot. You can check it out here. It works for Mac.

http://www.journeyed.com/item/PANTONE/huey/44821817

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shiroboi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks Shiroboi.
    Now that I got it close to my second display and after looking at my cintiq all morning I feel like I should use an actual calibrator, everything is a little off and now Im obsessing over all those slight variations- have you used that pantone guy? Pretty painless to use? Its not that I cant figure that stuff out- Im just super lazy and wish I could just push a couple buttons and be done (although thats never the case).

Thanks again for your replies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I highly recommend a hardware calibrator. A few hundred bucks is worth it considering your colors will be accurate. It is easier to set up and more accurate than calibrating it manually in some system software preference or utility.

Last edited by _jt_; May 23rd, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by en_b View Post
    thanks Shiroboi.
    Now that I got it close to my second display and after looking at my cintiq all morning I feel like I should use an actual calibrator, everything is a little off and now Im obsessing over all those slight variations- have you used that pantone guy? Pretty painless to use? Its not that I cant figure that stuff out- Im just super lazy and wish I could just push a couple buttons and be done (although thats never the case).

Thanks again for your replies!
    I think the Huey wasn't too bad. My co-worker had one hooked up. It's Pantone so you would expect the results to be decent. I think it walks you through a setup procedure. Shouldn't be too hard. I don't know if its as good as the one Arshes Nei recommended but the Pantone one is only $99 as opposed to $249. I can't tell you much more than that. Maybe check out reviews on both before making a decision.

Update: so the Huey consistently gets around 4 out of 5 star reviews. Its a clever device that walks you through on screen calibration and can adjust for lighting changes. For what it's worth, it works much better than not having any calibration at all but if you require totally accurate colors, you may have to go with a hardware color reader like the Spyder.

Members who have read this thread: 1