Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

zombieapocalypse

i believe in little but love and reason.
    what i do believe in is the theory of evolution (is still called theory?)
    instincs are still a part of our lives (boobies )
    but more complex stuff can be taught us thx to our brains capibility. (or must since instincs that tell us what berry's poisonous arent in touch)
    in general i see the human race capable of surviving under harsh conditions.
    still there is not "the human beeing", there are a certain number of mindsets where i see an ongoing evolution. i personally have a hard time living on this planet for several reasons and tend to try to live as an individual id like to see future in.

if the globalisation is about to find its way around the globe
    (which would be a kind of single dictatorship under the flag of democracy for the benefit (i dont necessarily mean profit) of companys)
    do you think a real democratic system could at least try to act after their will and for the sake of humanity?

i personally feel realy attached to nature (environment that hasnt changed due to human presence) and privacy.
    could this world still provide an area that doesnt feel like a club resort?
    or do you see any changes in the earlies past?
    or any different outcome?
    or like, will people be able to cope with the world like they made it better,
    like with a world they have imagined gods once made
    and dont say zombie apocalypse.
    (tho in difference to other future persepectives id feel rather confy with that)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,012 Posts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Tenebrae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sam, we found your long lost sibling!
    "Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Portfolio | dA | Facebook |

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by panb View Post
    i believe in little but love and reason.
    what i do believe in is the theory of evolution (is still called theory?)
    instincs are still a part of our lives (boobies )
    but more complex stuff can be taught us thx to our brains capibility. (or must since instincs that tell us what berry's poisonous arent in touch)
    in general i see the human race capable of surviving under harsh conditions.
    still there is not "the human beeing", there are a certain number of mindsets where i see an ongoing evolution. i personally have a hard time living on this planet for several reasons and tend to try to live as an individual id like to see future in.

if the globalisation is about to find its way around the globe
    (which would be a kind of single dictatorship under the flag of democracy for the benefit (i dont necessarily mean profit) of companys)
    do you think a real democratic system could at least try to act after their will and for the sake of humanity?

i personally feel realy attached to nature (environment that hasnt changed due to human presence) and privacy.
    could this world still provide an area that doesnt feel like a club resort?
    or do you see any changes in the earlies past?
    or any different outcome?
    or like, will people be able to cope with the world like they made it better,
    like with a world they have imagined gods once made
    and dont say zombie apocalypse.
    (tho in difference to other future persepectives id feel rather confy with that)
    Allow me to translate (or at least what I think he was trying to say):

I believe in little but love and reason. What I do believe in, however, is the theory of evolution. We still behave based on our instinctual preconditioning. We can learn more complex behaviors, however, thanks to the power and ability of our brains. [I don't know you were trying to say after that.]

I believe the human race has the ability to survive under harsh conditions, however, in order to evolve as a species, we must reconcile the differences between cultures and in individuals. [Is that what you were trying to say?] Suppose that in the future there was a mega-government, a type democracy that rules by the majority but yet has enough power in the government to make decisions towards the benefit of all humanity. [Is that what you were trying to say?] Do you think that this global democratic system could still benefit the whole of the world, despite our differences as individuals?

In this global government, do you think that there would still be areas of nature (which may allow a sort of solitude - which I value greatly,) that would be untouched by corporate greed and would maintain the same purity of nature in it's original form (without feeling like a club resort)?

Ok, I have no idea what the fuck you were trying to say after that.

I hope this helped the English-speaking readers of this forum. Although the language may be clearer, the ideas are still completely non-sensical. I did the best I could...
    Last edited by OldJake666; May 23rd, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    and here I came into the thread ready to discuss my fictional zombie apocalypse survival plan :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    and here I came into the thread ready to discuss my fictional zombie apocalypse survival plan :/
    Dude, you need a real plan. A fictional plan is only going to get you eaten, then dead, then undead. And make a contingency plan, too, in case they're fast, angry zombies, and not the slow, moaning, easy-to-kill variety.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erinc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I just finished up season 2 of The Walking Dead... WHY...? WHY, are they so reluctant to use knives and swords? WHY? Or a fucking sharpened metal poll at least. "We're running low on ammo!" Yeah well guess what doesn't run out of ammo. Finally you see someone with a katana in the very last episode, like it took them fucking months to figure that out.

And how about fashioning some Kevlar armor from all the abandoned police stations? Yea it wont protect you against a knife but human teeth? I think so.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggnasty View Post
    I just finished up season 2 of The Walking Dead...
    What they found in the well and how their plan backfires had me
    laughing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Tenebrae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Katana's are a fools weapon for the zombie apocalypse that shit would be dull and useless almost instantly. Life isn't anime.

Crossbow with good aim is the best weapon. Easily pierce the skull and retrieve your ammo.

My fictional zombie apocalypse plan is fictional because I've evaluated my situation where I live. It would be easy to survive for a bit right off the bat. But there's little way to get food around my area. Once it's looted, everything's over. I have no delusions of long term survival!

Thanks
    And how about fashioning some Kevlar armor from all the abandoned police stations? Yea it wont protect you against a knife but human teeth? I think so.
    I haven't really seen that show, but.. How would a Kevlar armor help from zombies?
    They usually bite arms, legs and necks more than chests.

JFirce- You could eat the zombies themselves.. as a last resort I mean. Unless that would pass on the virus as well of course.

Thanks
    Well most fictional zombie stories show that either A. it passes on the virus and B. the meat is rotting.

I don't know if rotten human meat would be healthy lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    Katana's are a fools weapon for the zombie apocalypse that shit would be dull and useless almost instantly.
    I agree, but about chainsaws. Heavy, unwieldy, can run out of fuel (sooner than you think), easily get knocked back into your face, loud, and yes, they get dull. Quickly.

Haven't really thought about my plan for the zombie apocalypse, but I think I would start with a steel bar and hefty rope. Climb a tree, drop the bar on zombies and retrieve with the rope. Maybe you could hold out like that for a while.

My apologies to the OP.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 687 Posts
    Send all zombies to New Jersey, then blow it off the map?

I think that plan is already in place...just in case.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Jersey Shore gives NJ a bad rep. Can't speak for all Jersey as going on the ferry over there I saw some kids that looked straight out of a reality show. Like complete idiots.

But a lot of jersey was just pretty..... normal.....

And I don't even care I'm hijacking the thread to talk about my zombie plan.
    This thread was false advertising.

and yes Chainsaws are a terrible weapon.
    My plan involves how my house has 2 floors but with weird architecture. One half of the house is 1 floor so from my room you can walk along the roof over to the garage area. Then there's a weird hill there so I can grab onto the roof if I hop and pull myself up fairly easy. But no zombie could ever make the climb. Could even put a ladder on the roof. Zombies can't climb ladders. (at least standard zombies, if they're smart, can jump, climb on walls etc. fuck that I'm putting a bullet in my brain)

So I'd take out the stairs in my house which would be relatively easy after all my prepwork. Could do it with an ax since the stairs are like boards. But first I'd hunker down with all the food and tools you could need in the house on the 2nd floor. This would be the waiting period. I live fairly in the middle of nowhere so that there wouldn't be a huge amount of zombies, big yards open field pretty easy to spot anything . The first floor is gone though because it's all big glass windows those would be gone and the place would be unsafe in general. Could kill the straggler zombies with an ax or something to keep the place generally safe from little 'surprises'.

Then try to look around town and grocery stores very cautiously for food. If you can find a grocery store that somehow isn't pillaged (it's possible if the zombie virus hit fast and hard). Then I'd grab everything I could and go back to the house. Gas wouldn't be an issue there for awhile. You could syphon from people pretty much anywhere.

The biggest issue I don't think I could overcome for the Zombie Apoc. is my dogs. My dogs would bark, give away our house and we'd be surrounded. But I couldn't kill my dogs or let them become zombies. That's something where I don't know if I could handle it. I'd break down worse than Will Smith in I am Legend if my dogs died.

Thanks
    I was expecting zombie concept art, I am disapointed :ç

Thanks

Thanks
    I think there's a weird craze going on. There's a lot of these stories going around. Man eats brain of dead victim. Man eats heart. The guy that disemboweled himself and threw his intestines at cops. Etc.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,4066697.story

(The irony of if there was a zombie apocalypse and people had it under control from the start without letting it spread because everyone knows how to kill a zombie)
    Last edited by JFierce; June 1st, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks
    what's with this zombie trend going on these days,
    it was boring even back in the seventies...

Thanks
    I just finished up season 2 of The Walking Dead... WHY...? WHY, are they so reluctant to use knives and swords? WHY? Or a fucking sharpened metal poll at least..
    I tried to vote in a sharpened metal poll, but I kept cutting myself.

Thanks
    I just finished up season 2 of The Walking Dead... WHY...? WHY, are they so reluctant to use knives and swords? WHY? Or a fucking sharpened metal poll at least. "We're running low on ammo!" Yeah well guess what doesn't run out of ammo. Finally you see someone with a katana in the very last episode, like it took them fucking months to figure that out.

If they stick to the books...it gets a whole lot more insane...that person with the katana is Michonne I'm looking forward to see how close they stick to her storyline...

Thanks
    They aren't going to. What happens to her is fucked up.
    That's not making it to American television.

Either way the show isn't based on the comic anymore. They never went to the prison
    and everyone split up and main characters from the comic are dead.

Thanks
    i always felt that a leather jacket would be pretty protection from a zombie trying to bite you, if anyone could shed some light on this i would be interested haha

Although swords sounds like a good idea, i dont think they would be to impractical, iv always though blunt weapons would be more effective as there is not chance it getting stuck etc.

also living in Wales i dont really fear the zombie apocaypse tbh, there is well more than enough land about to live off, lots of hills/mountains to fortify, and if it does go all wrong, the SAS base is situated in Hereford which isnt too far. That SAS base is probably one of the most secure locations in the world haha.
    To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    My Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=190017

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-
    http://nyealexandafrayne.tumblr.com/

Thanks
    Swords are too heavy, Blunt might be good. Axe would be best. Think of it like splitting logs. How easy is it to split a rotting log? Very. A skull is definitely not more sturdy than a block of wood, especially at the top. So a rotting skull would be easy to split and then remove the axe from.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 Times in 588 Posts
    Melee combat would get you killed.
    The simple fact is people are unconditioned.
    Even gym users - you'd be surprised how many people get wiped out if you get them to hit a punchbag for 3 mins.
    Adrenaline counters some of that, but put a weapon in your hand (which you're not trained for) and you'll get overwhelmed rather quickly.
    Ok for 1 or 2 at a time I guess, but not when running or against a large group.

…there's also the sense of invulnerability people have with weapons in their hands …
    Your best weapon is your mind…

Thanks
    A castle or a military base would be the way to go haha
    My Sketchbook-

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-

Thanks
    Am I the only one that thinks that a flame thrower would be a good weapon to have in case of a zombie attack? The challenge is of course controlling the flame so that it doesn't get you and everyone around you besides the zombies. The benefit is that you could kill them from afar. Melee combat would not be for me...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 797 Posts
    I dunno, I don't think zombies have the same reaction to pain that living humans do. If you set a human on fire, they'll become preoccupied with putting themselves out, but I think a zombie would just continue to come after you and set you on fire as well.

I think a mobile turbine is the way to go - get a tracker with a spinning horizontal blade in the front and mow them down. Decapitation seems to be the most effective way to kill them, but you need a method for cutting them down without having to do it by hand.

Thanks
    Flamethrowing is also a big light, especially at night. "Zombies looking around. Ooh what's that. I'm going to go towards that. Might be food". Besides that it might depend. I've seen history channel programs on the flamethrower I think it was. It can melt a regular person pretty fast. But like someone pointed out a regular person wouldn't keep going at you. So hard to say.

Melee combat at first for everyone is shocking. Then you get desensitized.
    It's all about surviving that first set of shocks.
    Melee isn't for taking out groups. it's for taking out the individuals in your way.
    Or 1 by 1 clearing out your safe house.

One zombie story I read I remember a person just simply had a long metal pole which he used to push the zombies over. Not even kill them, since they have poor motor controls it would take them a bit to get up in that story. So just went around poking them and watching his step as he made his way through.

Priority one is to avoid a skirmish with a zombie at all.

Thanks
    i see flame throwers as really bad choice, your just adding the danger if you ask me, zombies coming at you are bad enough, let alone zombies on fire haha.
    My Sketchbook-

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.