HELP

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: HELP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

HELP

Hey guys it makes me a bit anxious to post this (I think I'm getting a bit too emotionally attached) but I really need advise on the first image. So right know it's at basic level, the idea is there but obviously it needs work, I mean, the light it's all over the place (even for a fantasy/surreal light), I haven't really started with the face and so on.

Anyway, I wanted to know your thoughts and ideas, and also, what colours do you like best? the sepia one is nice, but I like the original colours as well...

The second image is just a quick portrait I did recently.

These are quite bland and simple (they where never anything special to begin with, just practice and relaxing exercises) but I'm getting a bit more ambitious with that wip so... help a sister out?

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Portrait looks great.

The second image on the top looks better to me. It is not as muddy. I think the issue with the light being all over the place is that it is almost too ambient. Since the focus is the center of the chest. Throw some hard light in there. Make it look wet and bleeding. Make the center and the ripped chest the most detailed and tight part of the image, since it is the first place your eyes goes. Bring the center up one more level of production.

With that in mind I think you'll be done, your like 95% there. It looks great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi Alekina,

cool work. Note on anatomy in your second image. The zygomatic arch seems mushy on your portrait to me. Maybe it's just set way back but normally as the skin in the eye area turns past the eye socket toward the outside of the head, that area of bone will be more prominent and the form will turn around it and look less like a totally horizontal inset like you have here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks GankerBanker, I got rid of those annoying little lights (what even was that anyway) that were giving the "too ambient feeling" and tried to push the light a bit (not sure if I succeeded yet). I was gonna paint the interior of the chest, but decided I liked the hollowness there, so I focused on the hands instead. It makes it look more simple and clean which I think it's works best.

Also thanks Derra, I see what you mean, I'll try to so some more portraits and pay a bit more of attention in my face studies.

Messing around with the colors I came out with the blue one, and I think if I go on with some scarifications it could look pretty cool.

Still like the original one more, but working with those colors tires my eyes, and the blues soothes a little.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.