Bamboo Create just stopped working?!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Bamboo Create just stopped working?!

My Bamboo create is pretty new, it's only about a month old, and it worked just fine until now. I switched to a temporary laptop with Windows Vista on it (I had Windows 7 on my old one, which crashed) and at first it worked OK- a bit jittery, not as flawlessly responsive as my Intuos4, but still worked fine.

Then, today, it just suddenly stopped working. The light between the buttons doesn't come on. I tried re hooking it in so many times, once or twice the silver light flashed, but the tablet didn't respond to the pen. The more I try re-hooking it the less responsive it becomes. Basically, it's now completely and utterly dead, something I've never experienced before with a Wacom tablet- even my old 1st gen Bamboo Fun is still working!

I tried on a different laptop, with no success. My tablet drivers are updated and everything, so that's obviously not the problem- even when the driver is old, AT LEAST the light comes on, at least the tablet gives SOME sort of sign that it's connected!!

Anyone experienced this? I live all the way in India and tablets are really, really rare and I bought mine online, so warranties and replacements/ refunds are unlikely. Any way to fix this? Could it just be the crappy old computers I have at the moment or is it a tablet problem- considering it worked fine this morning??

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Could be the USB port died.

You could also switch the USB cable to see if that's the issue?

Last edited by Arshes Nei; May 22nd, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm bumping it to ask if you've tried swapping the USB cables to see if that's the culprit?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    I'm bumping it to ask if you've tried swapping the USB cables to see if that's the culprit?
    Hi, yes, I tried using another USB cable and it worked perfect. Thanks for the reply! Is the wireless kit any good? Because the other cable I got is too short for comfort.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The wireless is actually pretty good. I use it on my intuos5 It's not bluetooth so it's not slow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, interesting. I remember looking up on the wireless kit when I purchased my Bamboo Create about a month ago, and reading that the latency was bad. But, I do believe that was because it was bluetooth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker22 View Post
    Hmm, interesting. I remember looking up on the wireless kit when I purchased my Bamboo Create about a month ago, and reading that the latency was bad. But, I do believe that was because it was bluetooth.
    No, it uses the same kit I'm using now. I believe this is just regular RF. Bluetooth should have the advantages of a signal that won't get interference but I remember Mac users complaining a bit about detection I've also heard complaints of lag.

I've not had lag with the wireless kit I'm using - in fact, sometimes the touch ring responds better - God knows why (maybe it's because I can position it better or something)

It's definitely more hassle free than bluetooth discovery.

The only thing is I believe the frequency of the new wireless kits is locked to each kit. (IE if you loose the USB receiver you're gonna have to buy another kit entirely)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.