Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Hey everyone,

I'm waiting for the final tread, but since its almost past wednesday here in The Netherlands, i'll upload my final here.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to paint the design the way i have it in my head. At the moment it's going very slow with finding the right colors and such. Hopefully, practice will improve that!

So anyways, the final design is a modular 'road'train that is capable of driving both on solid or liquid surfaces. The individual modules of the train can be used to carry either cargo or passengers, depending on the purpose of its journey.
    Each module is powered by a sterling-type engine, using the temperature differential between the hot planet's surface (specially lava) and the air above the vehicle.

IDW # 205 : Alien Lava Vehicle

Any tips and advice is welcome, because I really want to learn from these experiences to improve my art.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing all your final designs!

regards,

ControColpo

Last edited by ControColpo; May 30th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ControColpo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The Alien Lava Vehicle:
    The Wheels are combined with a propeller system that helps push the vehicle out of the lava as it moves. They are made from a composite of ceramics and asbestos and some other more exotic materials that allow them to be submerged in the magma without melting. The wheels are also the engine system of the vehicle. The open center of the wheels let the lava heat the piston system that forces them to turn around.

The ribbed sides are to maximise surface area and ensure better heat disipation to the atmosphere. In case of extra hot conditions the vehicle can extend it's cooling rods and shed even more heat.

This was as far as I could get with this right now. Would have liked to do more, but there is always next time.

Great work from everyone!

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Sorry guys! Switching this around made me forget to put up the finals thread. I'm going to get it up now and it'll be there for about a day and a half (I'll be sure to do a 10h or so warning) and the new (crossover!) round will be up while the finals is open. Sound good?

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 1