CALLING ALL CURRENT AND PAST GNOMON STUDENTS! Help please!

I'm planning on applying to Gnomon to take the 1 year Entertainment Design course, but am a little confused as to the admissions process at Gnomon.

On their website's admissions section for the 1 yr ED program, Gnomon admins state that "Artwork samples are recommended view our portfolio guidelines. Please send your samples one of the following ways:" etc

Recommended? As in "would be nice but not necessary"?

I also read in another thread that a girl who is currently enrolled in the ED program was also under the impression that no portfolio was required but asked for one anyway. So which is it?

Also- if it is the case that Gnomon's ED program does not require a portfolio, does this mean that it's more of a foundation course than anything?

On their site, Gnomon claims to have a 97% job placement rate [as of May 2012] but does this apply to all their programs? Including the 1 yr ED?

I don't expect to land my numero uno, absolute dream job right out the gate- especially when there are 3 year program grads and such to contend with, but I would like to know how likely it is that my time at Gnomon, provided that I give it my 1000000% , would not have been for naught just because I can only afford the ED program [both financially and time wise].

Will completion of the ED program at least get my foot in the door, or should I consider the ED program to be JUST a foundation and start looking for a different program/accept that I need to take a different, longer course?

On a side note: how far, geographically, can Gnomon place you with a job? I am American, but I am married to a German and we live in Germany. I will be taking a year to go to Gnomon but very very very much wish to work in Germany following my completion of the ED course.