Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I'm new! Help me learn. Comics, Inking, Penciling, Coloring, Scientific Illustration.

Thanks
    Wow, thanks a lot guys.

@rishenko- I add the arrows after drawing it to kind of "review" the motion and see which direction the body is moving in. Like where the motion lines are. I don't know, the arrows help me see the flow a little bit better.

@iamkennstan-practice! your gestures honestly already look really good from what i've seen you post. just practice.

@frankfrank-thank you, sir. i've been trying really hard to focus on the "one swift movement" thing, picturing the image as one fluid object rather than breaking it up in to different, disjointed pieces. It's a lot easier to see the movement of a shape this way.

@BlueTarget-I actually just use my camera and adjust the contrast a little bit in a photo editor if the image is too dark from the poor lighting in my house I really should invest in a scanner some day soon, though.
    Sketches!

"The most accurate way to predict the future is to create it." --Andrew WK
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey guys! Figured I'd post since it's been a few days.

I've been fleshing out some ideas for some "finished" work today, so hopefully i'll get some of that underway this weekend. I feel like I have a lot of good ideas, things that HAVE to get out of my head, but I can never seem to actually let them out. I overthink it, and if I actually end up carrying an idea out, I almost always hate it. Studying anatomy, observation, and reading art books helps boost my confidence, but still, it's scary. This time though I feel a little bit empowered. Wish me luck.

Here is a drawing that's probably three or four months old. I drew it when the new Batman arc started getting intense with the Court of Owls. I did this before I started experimenting with micron pens and ink,so this was just done with a crappy Sharpie. I'm tempted to redo it with nicer tools like I redid the Tyrannosaurus Zebra, but I think I'll leave it alone for now.

I'm new! Help me learn. Comics, Inking, Penciling, Coloring, Scientific Illustration.

Detailed photo.

I'm new! Help me learn. Comics, Inking, Penciling, Coloring, Scientific Illustration.

Still working on constructing faces and doing some gestures but I'm so sick of posting so many of those, haha, so I'll leave them for next time.
    Sketches!

Thanks
    Yeah, micron pens are a godsend to me since I can really go crazy with details on the page. And that's amazing work you did with the owl drawing (are you sure you only used Sharpies for that?).

And quick, random question what size paper did you use to draw that?
    DA profile

My Sketchbook

"The one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    So good. For only having one finished piece on page one you sure are good at making them look pretty! The Owl is excellent, but my favorite is the T-Zebra. The idea in and of itself is comical but with the foreshortening you did it makes it hilarious, not to mention its so well drawn. Keep them commin. Your gonna be a rockstar
    *New Sketchbook* Come stop by :3

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.

Thanks
    @Quetzalcoatl: haha, i'm positive it was only a Sharpie. It was one of those really nice fine point Sharpie pens, not the thick marker kind. I actually really liked that pen until I discovered the wonders of Microns, they have much better line variation. The paper is 14x17in.

@Newman101- Thanks! I'm trying
    Sketches!

Thanks
    haha, i'm positive it was only a Sharpie. It was one of those really nice fine point Sharpie pens, not the thick marker kind. I actually really liked that pen until I discovered the wonders of Microns, they have much better line variation. The paper is 14x17in.
    Awesome. I only have those marker Sharpies so I didn't know that they made thinner ones. As for me, I prefer using 11x17in paper myself for projects like these.
    DA profile

My Sketchbook

"The one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    Awesome line work with the inking!!! I think that owl one with the batman symbol, looks amazing! The lighting looks really cool. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    @Joe: thanks man!
    Sketches!

Thanks
    Jesus. That owl and zebra-thing look amazing. So detailed, I'm in awe, especially when it comes to the Owl it looks so clean and smooth and without error : O

Thanks
    Sweet owl! Crappy sharpie? If that is the case you made that sharpie look awesome. :p How long did it take you?

Thanks
    @frankfrank and @twilightmoon: thanks! it took a couple of days. It actually went pretty quickly because a lot of it was just patterns (and I am very impatient, so I rushed through it a bit).

Some more drawings to come soon! A few friends of mine are getting ready to start a graphic novel and have kindly asked me to do some of the art. It'll be really great practice, I'll be sure to post some of it on here once it gets started.
    Sketches!

Thanks

Thanks
    Really like the owl piece! I think the border works very well and theres a nice amount of detail through the image for the eye to move about in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast