Is it possible to actually have enough time for art?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Is it possible to actually have enough time for art?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Is it possible to actually have enough time for art?

How do you find time for your art?

i mean, prior obligations eat up my time with ye olde pencil and paper. some nights i stay up all night drawing, but those nights are getting fewer and farther between.

i know, "if you love something you're bound to be able to find time for it" or whatever, but...

help!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I say anytime that you have you should draw, either it be during breakfast, lunch, dinner, during your number 2 bathroom breaks, do it, but what I found out is that if you don't have anytime to do something you love......make time. Hope that helps.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find time by seeing my friends a lot less, seeing my girlfriend a lot less, never watch TV, rarely go out unless it´s to paint. I try to paint atleast eight hours each day, but other then that, my life is generally boring. It´s all about sacrifices. I belive it´s worth it though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i had a long-distance relationship going with this girl from where i lived before i moved. six months before it deteriorated.

it was nice, i could talk to her on the phone and draw/paint/whatever at the same time.

but then after her there was this local one, she lived nearby so we went out a lot. not a lot of time left.

but, i ended up taking speed to stay awake at night so i could paint and draw, after a week i left a note on her car at 3 in the morning, apologising for the phonecall the day before...

she got creeped out and we broke up.

more time for me, yay.

my friends, well i can't ignore them. a free source of psychedelic drugs... an oppurtunity like that doesn't come up often, now does it?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    draw with your eyes.

there will never be enough time to finish all the art I dream of.....but there's always time to make art.....even if it's just in my head.

-Rob

My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stop drugs... just don't sleep I allways see silly things in the second or third day Too bad I'm so tired it's hard to drawn

Just choose thing you want to do... you can allways draw with your friend nearby for exemple, if they trully are friend they take no offense for that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there is always time to draw. i find many people say they dont have the time, but there is always time. your not always running around like an ant doing tonnes of chores and acting like you never rest. youll always find a few minutes to draw, or even a few hours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try to get aclimatized to drawing with segmentation. That is dont expect to find big chunks of 3-4 hours at a time to draw

8 hours can easily be made up of shorter periods of drawing during the day. say you work a standard 9-5. THats 8 hours of work.

During that time depending on your job, you will be able to sketch for certain periods of time (i work in a deserted video store and thus do 8 hours sketching haha). If you take every spare moment you have over those 8 hours, when you get home it will be that much less practice you need to find time for. Doing 6 hours of cast drawing at a run is great, but so are 2 minute thumbnails

perhaps though, this simply isnt your problem.

Perhaps if you develope accute sketchbook withdrawal symptoms like kevin llewellyn who hyperventilates if removed from his sketchbook or supplies, then 'finding time' will no longer be a problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    got two kids, 4 years old and 9 months old.
    i can assure you that it does help you to respect a schedule, which is a good thing. as you know that if you don't respect it, your personnal working hours will disappear in a POOF.
    as a full time concept artist in ubisoft, i still manage to find some time to do book covers and personnal works for myself.

as form said. do not expect to suddenly find yourself in front of 8 straight free hours. grab even a single hours if you know that this hour will remain "empty".

and forget about drugs that might alter your senses. it makes you go into crappy creative directions.

sparth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im a hobby insomniac, see i can be awake and paranoid without the aid of drugs joking, its true though i dont sleep much... neverthe less i find my friends getting totally pissed of when they find out ive been drawing them for the past half an hour without there knowledge Seriosly, draw o the bus in the morning, during your coffee and lunch breaks, on the busride home (those are always the best), when you get home, before you go to sleep... or dont, just stay up and draw There is no legitemate excuse for not being able to draw aslong as you have time to breath... except if you have no hands maybe, but then you could use yer feet, maybe hold the brush between your toes.... ok ill stop now.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    help?

if you love something you're bound to be able to find time for it

no whatever
    no but

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Think of this. You found alittle time to ask this question right? That little time is the same time found through out the day that can be used. Next time you're about to get on your computer and relax or even get on CA, pull out some paper/sketchbook or whatever and go at it. Spend the time that you use doing other leisure activites to sketch or draw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow

I work two terrible, Terrible jobs a week. 8 shifts total. I just graduated and am just started a freelance gig.

THERE IS ALWAYS TIME!!!!!

Dude, Always carry a sketchbook with you.

-Joshua

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.