Sketchbook: SKETCHBOOK ! :)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 303

Thread: SKETCHBOOK ! :)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    SKETCHBOOK ! :)

    my name i joćo (john in english) and i have been drawing and painting for 3 years now... i stop when i was 16. my goal is became a professional illustrator in 2015 or 2016. im studying visual arts but the school wasnt what i have expected because what i have learned i learned by my own with internet, i only realise that in the end of the second year so... i almost want to quite but im in the 3 year and my parents and girlfriend dont let me... lol. this is my work, my journey hope to get critiques on the way


    ps sorry about my english.

    sketchs from today

    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by johnny24; November 19th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    painting from imagination

    painting

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    703
    Thanks
    721
    Thanked 629 Times in 303 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Good start dude, If you work hard and try to improve constantly you WILL become a beter artist. It seems you have a good foundation and some life skills from being mid 20's so in theory you should improve fairly quickly. Also, you should check out Brad Rigneys work if your feeling down and out, he was in his late 20s, 30s before he started his career and hes frickin amazing.

    http://cryptcrawler.deviantart.com/
    When his video tutorial is on offer on CA.org shop i would recommend getting it too, its very insightful and inspiring.

    Also, check this sketchbook out to see what it takes to become awesome from being a noob - http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114449

    And follow thses guys and their livestreams, You don't have to take the journey of improvement alone and these guys are awesome and will always help - http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/index.php

    Finally i once messaged Brad when i started out like yourself (i was 24 too, im 25 now) and he said this to me -
    "Keep forging ahead with your work and stay tough through the heartbreak youll experience while improving." At first i didnt really understand this, but you will, and those words helped alot and continue too today.

    Stay strong bro and enjoy your journey
    I look forward to seeing more work from you

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    more studys from today...

    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by warburton View Post
    Good start dude, If you work hard and try to improve constantly you WILL become a beter artist. It seems you have a good foundation and some life skills from being mid 20's so in theory you should improve fairly quickly. Also, you should check out Brad Rigneys work if your feeling down and out, he was in his late 20s, 30s before he started his career and hes frickin amazing.

    http://cryptcrawler.deviantart.com/
    When his video tutorial is on offer on CA.org shop i would recommend getting it too, its very insightful and inspiring.

    Also, check this sketchbook out to see what it takes to become awesome from being a noob - http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114449

    And follow thses guys and their livestreams, You don't have to take the journey of improvement alone and these guys are awesome and will always help - http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/index.php

    Finally i once messaged Brad when i started out like yourself (i was 24 too, im 25 now) and he said this to me -
    "Keep forging ahead with your work and stay tough through the heartbreak youll experience while improving." At first i didnt really understand this, but you will, and those words helped alot and continue too today.

    Stay strong bro and enjoy your journey
    I look forward to seeing more work from you

    your words are a source of motivation! and really give courage to continue to evolve even at this stage, when I feel pressure from various sides, I think this community of artists is my "medicine" to continue to evolve!

    i saw your sketchbook and you are getting better and better! i hope i paint like you with 25 haha

    Last edited by johnny24; May 17th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    late nigth sketch

    second sketch from the day.my hand drawn from life! i start to draw the body and the idea was draw only bodys but im not in the mood... tomorrow

    im to tired so its time to sleep

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I was finishing a sculpture in iron (school work) and my eyes are very tired because of my relationship with the welding device .now i cant draw! ((((((

    but i will try draw someting

    Last edited by johnny24; May 19th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    not in the mood because my eyes!! :[

    crap... today im not in the mood... i try but my eyes are burning so... i think is best to rest... I'm due a day of sketching

    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    i almost forget this page... Loomis

    some faces of the Loomis book

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    more sketchs

    some are from mind others from the Loomis book. also 1 minute pose sketching

    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  13. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    painting from imagination without ref

    only to test my memory

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    speed sketchs

    poses before sadobe flash project for school

    ps: im totally aware of the perspective issues.

    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  15. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    character

    speed painting.

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  16. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 26 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Good work, keep up the figure studies!

    It's alright to do speedpainting, but if you want to learn more then you should also do longer paintings, like spend 4-8 hours studying a still life composition for color theory and lighting, then you will improve your understanding much more. Speedpainting is more useful for design and doing quick studies before the final painting.

    The last character speedpainting feels very much out of proportion with small head and you are loosing the form with the boots/hands so study some of those. But I think if you redid the head he would look like a badass.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  17. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by visoutre View Post
    Good work, keep up the figure studies!

    It's alright to do speedpainting, but if you want to learn more then you should also do longer paintings, like spend 4-8 hours studying a still life composition for color theory and lighting, then you will improve your understanding much more. Speedpainting is more useful for design and doing quick studies before the final painting.

    The last character speedpainting feels very much out of proportion with small head and you are loosing the form with the boots/hands so study some of those. But I think if you redid the head he would look like a badass.
    i make the head small because he his very tall... (but maybe i im not doing it well) thanks for the critique! i will try to make a better painting with more hours of work on it!

    Last edited by johnny24; May 21st, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    studys

    some studys i did today...

    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 70 Times in 59 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    working hard here, huh? keep it up!
    i would advice you to experiment with your lines more, make them more fluent, vary the thickness, it will make your sketches more interesting!

    ♦♦♦ SKETCHBOOK ♦♦♦
    DEVIANTARTSKETCHBLOGTWITTER
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalia Soleil View Post
    working hard here, huh? keep it up!
    i would advice you to experiment with your lines more, make them more fluent, vary the thickness, it will make your sketches more interesting!
    thanks or the tip!! i will next time!!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  21. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    some works i made the other day

    more things

    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  22. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    :)

    i think i should use other colours Lol

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  23. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny24 View Post
    some studys i did today...
    Love these, but the heads on the first ones seem too small for the bodies.

    Keep up the good work!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic-Spiritus View Post
    Love these, but the heads on the first ones seem too small for the bodies.

    Keep up the good work!
    try to make them look big... but maybe im doing it wrong.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  25. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    just to mess up with the guirls haha

    some fun work

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by johnny24; January 18th, 2013 at 05:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  26. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    some work im doing...

    im painting 3 portraits with acrylics... i use a reference to paint, but when i try to paint from real life i mess up!! some tip? tomorrow i put the other photos

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by johnny24; May 24th, 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: forget to upload the picture
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. #25
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oongi2Iedie View Post
    Good work, keep up the figure studies!

    SKETCHBOOK ! :)
    SKETCHBOOK ! :)
    SKETCHBOOK ! :)
    SKETCHBOOK ! :)

    thanks very much for your feedback!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  28. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 49 Times in 47 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Thanks, I like your studies too, you say you find it hard to draw from real life?
    Well, I think the best thing you can do is keep studying, and practicing, sketch some portraits and see what u need to improve on. Keep it up!!!





    ______________________
    My SB!!!

    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...=191864&page=6

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  29. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    2/3

    second painting im doing i dont draw like i used in this 2 days cause i went to a festival see some bands (kreator and mastodon ) i drew a few sketchs nothing "big"

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  30. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    there is no big mac... just for fun!

    just for fun... i have work to do(acrylic paintings) so i dont have to much time sketch... bbut i sketch anyway...

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  31. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    painting from imagination

    this is a painting im doing between the works of school i have to do... hope you like it.

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  32. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Almeirim
    Posts
    463
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    the 90% finished version!

    i cant take it anymore... so im moving on...

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook