Art: Armature Advice

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Armature Advice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Armature Advice

So I am trying to build an armature for this character here. (more after the drawing)

Armature Advice

And here is the armature at its current state. Three views if it's helpful. Sorry if they not a great size. Couldn't decide how large to make them.

The problem that I have run into is decided if I need wire for the arms or not. I think I got the rest down alright, and the epoxy for it is drying and will add some plummer epoxy to it also to make it even stronger. I am just wondering what to do about the arms, cause I tried to make the armature for them, I just keep failing.

Armature Advice

Armature Advice

Armature Advice

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks. Also, this is my first sculpture that I plan to finish. I did another one, but I decided to scrap it due to armature issues.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't see any reason you would need to include the arms in the armature but the wings will need some work so the clay has something to stick to.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply!

For the wings I have some wire mesh that I will stick in there to help with. I am not yet sure how I want to do it yet, but I have the mesh and a general idea.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes...I agree...I don't think you need an armature for the arms because they are actually supported by the chest...you only need an armature if it is something un-supported, { or that you were worried about,}...remember, there is no law, other than what works, and what does not. Good luck with the sculpt.

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mah ' Crub View Post
    Yes...I agree...I don't think you need an armature for the arms because they are actually supported by the chest...you only need an armature if it is something un-supported, { or that you were worried about,}...remember, there is no law, other than what works, and what does not. Good luck with the sculpt.

Mah ' Crub
    Yea I'm starting to learn that a lot of sculpting is just intuition and experience. Pretty much just that ya gotta learn your own way and do what ever works for you.

Thanks so much for the advice. I feel confidence enough now to continue with the sculpture!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.