Venice- post apocaliptic comic on Kickstarter!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello! I am new here I am trying to finish my new post apo-comic! maybe you guys can help me? Please, check this link!:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-graphic-novel If you like it, share it! I will be very greatful!

Paul Wojciechowicz

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    15,000 dollars?! Jesus. Can I ask, what really is the sum you need to do this, and how much of that you have thus far saved by yourself?
    It sometimes just feels that people put all the stuff on the Kickstarter's back, so that they themselves don't have to calculate their own contribution towards their projects (like say, working for half a year saving every penny so that they can reach their later monetary goal).

Or at least I'd like to know exactly where that ridiculous sum of money goes? Because unless you're planning on stopping working for the time you're doing this I don't get why you need so much money, I don't know why you have to pay this "Sylvia" person, I don't get why you need hard-cover comics (why not first collect money for cheaper soft covers and after that, if the comic is successful collect money for a re-print) and what is this talk about ties, board games and exclusive t-shirts? Please don't tell me you've dreaming of selling tie-in products of a comic that's not even made couple pages further?

Last edited by TinyBird; May 17th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    15000, wow, thats.... wow
    And i thot i was askign for much when i am gonn ask for 2000 dollars to finish my project.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    One rule of kickstarter people tend to forget. Be prepared to finish your work even if you don't receive the funding.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    One rule of kickstarter people tend to forget. Be prepared to finish your work even if you don't receive the funding.
    I've actually wondered that a bit. Like with this, if he never gets the full funding that he'd need to get everything he promised, what happens to all those backers that he promised prizes and stuff (like the one backer who's supposed to get a hardcover and a board game)?
    I don't know if Kickstarter has some legalities written about this, but yeah promising stuff that I can't get without the funding and then not getting the funding is not a situation I'd want to be.

Comic!
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ummm.... it's in the FAQs

—Funding Successful: If a project has met or surpassed its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are instantly charged and funds go directly to the project creator. Project creators are then responsible for completing the project and delivering rewards as promised.

Funding Unsuccessful: If a project has NOT met its funding goal, all pledges are canceled. That's it.
    This project seems a bit pricey perhaps, but not way out of line.
    Similar type of project, handled better, but still: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ook-of-wizards

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Misplacedhippos View Post
    Ummm.... it's in the FAQs
    Ah, durp.

This project seems a bit pricey perhaps, but not way out of line.
    Similar type of project, handled better, but still: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ook-of-wizards
    And I don't know, maybe I'm biased because most of the comic artists in here have to do this same thing (as in self-publish their comics) without splurging 12 000 euros on it, but for me the actual "way out of line" comes from all the additional crap that's definitely not needed in this (to me it's the same as the kids who start fan clubs for their comics that haven't even started and never will, and it doesn't make sense to me to start designing games and ties to a comic not yet done [I mean if the comic proves succesfull, nothing should stop the OP of starting the game project as a separate Kickstarter project] and make the comic as pricey as possible with the hardcover and colour, which the Wizards book really does need to work properly need but the comic less so, using grayscale shouldn't destroy the comic) and the fact that unlike the Wizards project, the OP graciously ignored any questions where the money actually goes.
    So with me it's not the price but the fact that the price feels needlessly blown up.

Comic!
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Makes sense, I would agree with that.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.