Thanks

Question Looking for an art collective… I think?

I’m looking for an online art/illustration collective or at least that’s what I think I’m looking for. I’m looking for a smaller group that is more about sharing projects and giving feed back. My preference would be a comic or illustration group because those are the kind of projects I’m currently working on but I’ll take what I can get.

Here is my problem. I start projects but without a group to share work and ideas with I tend to never finish the projects. I don’t think I’m looking for a study group that is like what is found in the Community Mentoring section and I’m not looking to do collaborations. I have my own projects. I suppose I could start a study group with this mentality in mind but I don’t think there is a community for it here.

Does anyone know what I’m talking about?

I’m not sure if this is the place for this but nothing

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Sketchbook Support groups. Just start up one.

Keep in mind that you'll have to make sure you do your part to keep them active, otherwise they die quickly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Start a thread in the sketchbook forum and do a SSG like Psychotime said. You may not find people with your exact interests, but a wide variety of people will still comment and give you critique.

Thanks
    After reading what a SSG is, I’m seeing that it is not what I’m looking for. I’m not looking to be badgered into drawing every day/week for the sake of just getting better. I have wife who already does that. I’m looking for something more project oriented like an online arts bullpen.

Back in the day (before I was telling kids to get off my lawn) there were sites like U R Drawing (eventually Panda Eyes) that were basically forum communities led by maybe four or five really good artists working on their own comic or similar art project. The rest of the community would consist of other aspiring artists who are also working on a project and then would be rounded out by fans, friends and the like.

I knew it was a shot in the dark to ask but if something like that still existed this would be the place to ask. If anyone else knows of what I’m talking about please chime in. But for now I off to start a sketchbook thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DHLarson View Post
    Back in the day (before I was telling kids to get off my lawn) there were sites like U R Drawing (eventually Panda Eyes) that were basically forum communities led by maybe four or five really good artists working on their own comic or similar art project. The rest of the community would consist of other aspiring artists who are also working on a project and then would be rounded out by fans, friends and the like.
    Isn't that what this site has always been? What on Earth are you talking about?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    I think he means made of groups of people working on their own big projects like a game or comic. CA is more of individuals working on studies.

Not sure of any sites devoted to the former though.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Is impromanga still alive?

I remember artists having fun with that one. I do know there was a thread in the lounge like that too.

Thanks
    Just enter CoW or CHoW or EoW or anything here really. There's a topic, a deadline and people who will notice if you say you will enter and then don't.