Sketchbook: Koni`s Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Koni`s Sketchbook

Here ill update my thumbnail

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lucardo; July 31st, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Edit: I moved the first post to here so i can update the thumbnail

Hello! My first post here. I was making a painting of my room from life, because many people said that painting from life is the best to get better, but i had to go to work and i lots the light and the room shape, so it is unfinished, but i think ill start with that. Please coment if you feel like it ;D

Hello! having trouble with my wacom. I dont have scaner aswell. Now i kinda solved my problem with the wacom. ehh... a painting little training. ive made a face. the bad thing i can see on it are that, the head proportions are all wrong. even so i liked the colors and the overall result (i think ive improved). But please, point anithing else that you think is wrong, that could have being better or different Thankyou

Last edited by lucardo; July 31st, 2013 at 03:12 AM.

Thanks
    hey there and welcome!

well i think both sketches are not that bad as a base and you could have spent a little more time on them! they look rushed and lines are very heavy..

♦♦♦ SKETCHBOOK ♦♦♦
    DEVIANTARTSKETCHBLOGTWITTER

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 790 Posts
    Yay for drawing from life! Though I think perhaps drawing your entire room might be a bit too complex of a subject for serious study. You can get further into the image if you focus on a relatively small and simple object and try to take it as far as you can.

In response to the portrait, I think you need to take the painting one step at a time, starting with structure and nailing the proportions before moving into value, then color, then texture, etc. It feels like you kinda skipped ahead to get the color down, so you're left with an image with very little range of value or contrast. To illustrate my point, here's a quick paint over.

Name:  TreinoPintura copy.png
Views: 117
Size:  243.6 KB

Also, start with larger brushes at high opacity to block things in and only reduce size and opacity when necessary. Here's a great general tutorial that's very helpful: http://androidarts.com/art_tut.htm

Thanks
    Oh! thankyou very much for the replyes! Yes, is true, ive started with the color on the portrait. Then, ill start to do grayscale versions first, and just then color. I have problems with choosing colors. I like to use lots of colors, but i allways end up using a variation of the same color, witch makes the picture look ugly (at least for me). Is there any way to lear how to use colors? or it will be just experience? (maybe i just answered my question?)

Edit: dierat! that tutorial is amazing! im sure it will help me alot!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 790 Posts
    You don't have to start with greyscale if you're not comfortable with it, but make sure you're aware of where your values are at. Color distorts our view of values and makes it harder to see whether we're covering the full value range. Sometimes it helps to have a color layer on top filled with grey that you can turn on and off the check your values as you work through the image.

For colors, I would recommend a combination of studying the real world and playing with color theory: http://www.colormatters.com/color-an...c-color-theory For example, you can choose to set up an image to have an overall complimentary color scheme using blue and orange (like in the portrait you were working on) to create contrast. But in order to understand how materials and surfaces reflect and absorb color, you need to study real life and work that knowledge into your paintings. Oh and there's a book that you could get discusses the subject in more depth if you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/Color-Light-Gu.../dp/0740797719

Thanks
    Thankyou very much. ill study more, and post my progress as i go.

Thanks
    Double post. Sorry. I have been very busy these days. Coudnt train too much. I decided to do more life paintings, but didnt had the time to paint a person, so, i painted an apple. to me it looks ok, but im not to sure if i get the values right.

Thanks
    i've tried to make my sister's portrait. it does looks like her . Even so, i dont know if the colors are right. i like them. i think i've used more values this time, but... yeah... hahaha. Feel free to point any errors that you find.

PS: reendering curli hair is too dificult ):

Thanks
    My mom was watching a movie, so i drew her. So... life drawing portrait studies. I think this one improved over the last one. Its black and white, but i think the head proportions are much better.

Thanks
    Long time since i posted anithing here. I should keep doing it. Well, i did this drawing. The worst part are the feet.

Criticise please

Members who have read this thread: 1