I just realized that the term ". com" is censored from this site.
In the interest of constructive feedback for the forum (a principal which the forum itself is built around), I'd like to voice my extreme disapproval of this, for these reasons:
1. It promotes ignorance. contains valuable artistic resources that are being hidden from CA users.*
2. It hinders artist exposure. promotes artists, many of whom are not on CA, and are therefore hidden from CA users.*
3. It promotes the idea that rather than appreciating and rising to meet competition, you should pretend they don't exist while you stay in your current state. This is the absolute opposite of what the spirit of CA is known for.
4. It promotes the idea of artists being in begrudging clans. Artists should be able to communicate and circulate ideas with anyone from any site.
5. It promotes the idea that CA administrators are dictatorial. I'm not saying that's necessarily true. I'm saying it promotes the idea, which is all it takes to make members feel stifled, which is not conductive to a positive and creative environment.
*Of course is not literally hidden from users, but it gives the impression that CA is attempting to hide it. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but public perception is important if you want to remain a forum populated by the public.
All of these facts seem to be in blatant contrast of the ideal forum for artists, and because of that I'd like to request that the censor be removed.
I don't post this for the sake of frowning upon CA or getting people riled up (hence my posting in a lesser used subforum), but simply because it's an issue I genuinely care about.
Thank you for your consideration.