How can I do this ?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question How can I do this ?

How can I do this in painter ?

http://vimeo.com/21438529

thx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can't do it exactly.
    painter 12 includes a resizable navigator window (hit F1 for details), but it doesn't update in realtime.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, it updates in realtime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's a noticeable delay between the panels updates in my painter 12 build.
    64-bit version might be better with navigator refresh rate, I don't know really.

Last edited by ikken; May 12th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I suppose like many comparisons between PS and Painter, PS wins in this regard. Both update after the stroke is finished but Photoshop's updates are almost instantaneous whereas there is a very tiny delay with Painter (in my 64bit setup). The delay is about the same time it takes to swivel my eyeballs over to my second monitor where I keep the panel ~1/4 sec. But the idea is that it's "realtime" surely?

Oh and just to emphasise for the OP what you said, it's only in Painter 12, earlier versions don't have it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'd understand if the update wasn't timely like 5 minutes or something, but it works well enough. I mean why would I obsess that much over a small delay like it's going to ruin the painting or something?

"If it hadn't been for that navigator window updating faster, I would be an awesome artist by now"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by joeparis View Post
    Well, I suppose like many comparisons between PS and Painter, PS wins in this regard. Both update after the stroke is finished but Photoshop's updates are almost instantaneous whereas there is a very tiny delay with Painter (in my 64bit setup).
    uhh ok I see. "tiny delay" in my case turns into a few seconds typical delay; sometimes navigator window doesn't update until I hover mouse over and click somewhere inside. so it might be both mac 32 bit version lagging behind, and relatively high-resolutions I'm painting at.
    Oh and just to emphasise for the OP what you said, it's only in Painter 12, earlier versions don't have it.
    yep. earlier versions have a temporary navigator window, but it's not available as a separate panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Yeah, I'd understand if the update wasn't timely like 5 minutes or something, but it works well enough. I mean why would I obsess that much over a small delay like it's going to ruin the painting or something?

"If it hadn't been for that navigator window updating faster, I would be an awesome artist by now"

:P
    it gets noticeably stuck for me. while there're chances that it's due to my workspace bugging out or 2 GB of ram filling up too quickly or maybe something else, I can't call it "realtime" compared to almost instant photoshop's clone window update. (oh, by the way yes, it's possible to make a clone of current window in painter, but no sure if refresh rate is any better).
    it's certainly not a dealbreaker, just adds to my painter 12 can of woes :\\

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    (oh, by the way yes, it's possible to make a clone of current window in painter, but no sure if refresh rate is any better).
    Yeah, that's a workaround for earlier versions but the hassle is that you have to actually click on the clone doc window for it to refresh.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.