Art: Help me decide on digital art for portfolio!!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Red face Help me decide on digital art for portfolio!!

Greetings fellow artists.

I am working on a portfolio, and I am going to include 2-3 digital artworks. Though I am having trouble picking out which artworks I want to include. The school I'm applying for is here in Iceland and is a mix between fine art and illustration.

So if you come across this thread please tell me which of the following digital artworks you like the most and/or you think would be most interesting to put in my portfolio.

Hope you can help me, and thank you in advance if you do

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Does the walker choose the path or the path choose the walker?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    ...I can see that a number of people have checked this thread out but not left a reply.

Is it really too much to ask on an art forum for other artist's opinion?
    Or are all of the pictures I posted so very uninteresting?

If someone has the courage to leave a reply, it would be easiest to refer to the pictures just by number 1-8 in the row I posted them.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Hey, I really like the first one and the 6th piece is quite good too. They have great potential, I think.
    Wish you luck for the school application !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gunsbins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Out of those, I would select the first and sixth as well- not sure how soon you have to submit the portfolio, but if you have some time maybe you can work a piece into the style of the first. To me, at least, it stands above the others. Best of luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kwangho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I totally agree with gunsbins and i think you can improve the 6th in something like 30 seconds just by adding a little lighting effect with a soft brush in an overlay level.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    First i'd like to point out that i have to idea what im talking about, im not professional, i dont know the criteria your school looks at, nor how much time you have left. (Feel free to ignore me, i think alot of people out there knows more than me !

I agree, one and sixth are technically above the rest. However the fouth one evokes far more emotion (in me at least). To me it feels alot more like you pulled something out of yourself with that one, so depending how your school values technique as opposed to emotion, that one could be really good to have in there as well. If there's time, i'd work slightly more with the hair and cape, to reach the same lvl as the others, and it would be knockout imo

Also if you had time, maybe you should consider doing something completely different? I like your style, and i dont know how varied your stuff has to be, or if creative variation is something they are searching for (the school im trying to get into, really wants variety, and emotion (and crazy skills><) that's why i mention it. They are great, but if all 3 digitals are young females/young female creatures, then maybe replacing one of them with a male/monster/child/object could be wise. If it doesn't matter, or you dont have time, then great, go go go! crossing my fingers for you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkNiki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you all for replying! It means a lot to me to get feedback from other artists since I don't have many artists around me in real life.

I'm not surprised by the choice of nr. 1
    I am very interested that people thought of nr. 6 next.

With my non-artist friends nr. 1 and nr. 4 got the most votes. It surprised me that nr. 4 got so many votes from them. I guess like DarkNiki suggested, that if I work more on it, it might become a more interesting artwork. Maybe I'll try a version of it closer to the style of artwork nr. 1.

@DarkNiki
    I know the theme of these artworks are very similar, but 90% of the portfolio is in traditional media and those artworks are very different from these. But thank you for pointing that out anyhow

And again, thank you for your comments!

Thanks
    Something you need to know is that's in human behavior to look at face first cause is where they read emotions. The number 4 is the most expressive cause of the high contrast you used in there but you didn't do that cause you know why, you've done that cause you feel it should be that way and pretty much everyone with experience can tell that. The problem is that technically the number 4 is much more worse than number 6 and when you're preparing a portfolio you want to show that your artistic sense is good (nr1) and your technique is good as well (nr2), that's where someone can read your potential. If you show nr1 and nr4 i can think that your artistic sense is good but technically you're not that good.

Thanks
    Thank you for the reply Hitsu-San. I actually had never thought of nr. 4 one of the top pictures until my friends like it, even though I included it in the vote. I don't think I'll include it unless I will have more time to work on it further. It's dramatic but her face looks kind of stupid, haha

Nr. 1 is going in without doubt, and I do like nr. 6 myself, I spend quite some time on it and I also think it's good to have a solid background there.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.