Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree's Will Cry...

Thanks

Tree's Will Cry...

Update!!! Hey guys ive been working really hard to try and improve my drawing capabilities and am trying to decide on what schools to apply to in the los angeles area. I currently am going to apply for artcenter, LAAFA, Laguna, and otis. If you can give me any tips or information bout these schools or suggest another please send me a message or jus tpost it right here thank you!

Hey Guy's Iv'e been meaning to create this sketchbook for the last couple of months but finally got to actually doing it today.

About Me
    I am 17 currently and have decided within the past couple of months that i do not want to have a boring regular job that i hate even if it does pay big. That being said i have fallen into the path of wanting to become a VFX Artist that does compositing and works with fluids/particles or something within that area(3d animator or 3d modeler). I plan on accomplishing my dream by attending Gnomon: School of Visual Effects and working my ass off while im there. On the other hand I have to get accepted(obviously) in order to achieve that goal. So i have joined the conceptart community because i have seen more than enough talented and breathtaking artist on here and hope to become one of them. I will be posting as often as I can and am open for any suggestions and Critique that you may have to offer. I will also try to get a bit involved with the community by possibly joining some of the community groups. So thank you to everyone that took the time to read this and join me on my journey of progress to build a portfolio thats Gnomon material!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Arteast; January 4th, 2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Times Change
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    catching everyone up to where im at starting from the beginning.

Thanks
    The first image is a favorite of mine

Thanks
    About a month ago i visited Gnomon and met with a administrator and a couple of students and absolutely decided that there is no place right for me but that school. I was told to work on gesture and anatomy so i started studying some Burne Hogarth, Andrew Loomis, and Gnomon DvD's to get better. I also started doing 2min pixel lovely figure drawing every day (Minus a few i missed ) towards my newer figure drawings i have tried to make it in 1 min.
    Last edited by Arteast; May 15th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    I'm no wonder myself, but I'm very impressed with the visible progress you've made, particularly with your gestures. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll grow to be an amazing artist, the potential is definitely there hun

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Askew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    almost done updating!!

Thanks
    some more figure drawing and some figure drawing from my girlfriends softball game a anatomy study from my gnomon DvD and Burne Hogarths wrinkles and drapery book i am studying it because i think getting a slight feel for the direction of the wrinkles will give me more of an idea of how movement works.

Thanks
    welcome to CA, nice studies ... keep it up! be careful, you have to check everything if it gain you knowledge visually. Compare it on previous sketches. What I mean is you need to double check like for example your studies on proportion, you need to check it every time you are doing it on your drawing. from first up to the latest if you really get the hang of it.

goodluck, I'll check again next time if I have extra time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nevermindjoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    First 3 images are from yesterday 30 1min figure drawings starting from 212 and a short study from Loomis. Next couple images are from about 2 months ago.

Thanks
    thanks joker i see what your saying but i feel like i visually get a feel for the head and proportions but i will try to do it more often thanks for stopping by.

Thanks
    Hey guys sorry I've been slacking pretty hard already I am coming up to the end of school so im pretty busy catching everything up and studying ect. So im trying to get some more drawing in and catch you guys up with the little I've done pld: the first 2 pictures are graphite 60 sec figure drawings and the next few i decided to start using pen and then a couple of studies and doodles Advice and Critique please!

Also that last picture with the broken light bulb that says Fail is a Failed attempt of me try to to a quick sketch from imagination using no references

Thanks
    Hey guys here is a small update. My family just got a new puppy its half border collie half pitbull its adorable so ive been losing some drawing time to taking care of her. Just some drawing from real life, reference, and of course studies! Not pleased at all with my last study I need to work harder!pld:

Thanks
    From the looks of the first picture in your latest post, I'd reccomand you to work on foreshortening,

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast