Sketchbook: Tree's Will Cry... - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick Update! Just a little study i did original photo found here http://www.stampedetradingco.com/htm...t%20%20LRG.jpg.
    I am going to be practicing more every day! I have made a schedule to help keep me on track and am going to be pushing myself so i can make this dream into a reality!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick Update Finished my Legolas Design Time to bust out the next one! Critiques and advice is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Arteast; December 20th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Environment study i did from a lord of the ring movie scene seen here http://www.freewebs.com/lord_ofthe_r...eArgonath1.jpg

I worked on it for about an hour. Im sure even though it is terrible it did some good for me? O_o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick little Update.. Smeagol Character Design im working on Just letting everyone know that im going to be very active this week and every week for now on! im going to (I pinky swear) be doing studies every day and cranking out this portfolio so i can stop worrying about it and focus on getting better! Please leave critiques and Motivation! Ive been kinda down about art lately so a little slap with a help up would be nice

Last edited by Arteast; December 25th, 2012 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick Update
    Merry Christmas to Everyone! I had an amazing day and hope everyone else did as well! I got a large intuos 5 for christmas im in Awe!
    Just did a a gum study today and worked on my smeagol some more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a little update here is a study i worked on for about an hour and 10-40 min ha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cactus study that ill be applying to a character design. Another update later tonight possibly?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update another Study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well heres an update on the smeagol going to finish the rest of him tomorrow by doing the hand and feet and last little touch ups but then im calling it done! I feel like it has taken me way to long to finish smeagol especially do to my lack of time left but i learned a lot and know that i will only keep getting better so here you go! Gonna get a quick start on my next design!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arteast, I like the conceptual path you are on with your take on the lord of the rings characters recast in a more tribal style. I think I would hold off on trying to tackle digital painting just yet and instead focus on drawing and construction because at the moment I fell like it is distracting from what could otherwise be a very cool idea. I personally like to isolate the skills I am trying to work on, do if it were me I would focus on the drawing.

Golem has a couple problems, but it sounds like you are more interested in moving on to your next drawing than correcting this guy, which is fine. But if you did want to correct them, there is an overall proportion issue with the character. For example his forward facing leg is about 50% longer than the back one. His head is much larger than seems natural for the size of his body. The rib cage moves at a bit of a curve rather than in flat perpendicular lines.

I would try to grab as much reference as possible for your next drawing to keep your exploration grounded in reality. Just a thought. I am excited to see what you do next.

For Science- Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ForScience-Thank you a bunch for you advise and yeah i have a lot to work on with my drawing and line work and really need to learn more anatomy i overall need to practice everything! haha And thank you im glad i have someone to join me for the ride! haha

Glad this sight is finally up again!!!!! I hate that they dont update us or let us know whats up... But anyways here is a study that i will be applying to one of my characters. and the finished smeagol along with a creature design for the forest ents turning them into desert ents! Back to drawing and studying!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIP Aragorn. Im trying to put a lot more work into my art and adding more of a process to it along with applying studies i do. also ive been doing a 30min pixelovely class every morning for a bit now advise and Critique greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    forgot to post this quick painting i did for my girlfriend since she love elephants and was out of town

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's been a long time since I visit your sketchbook, and to be honest with you ... I see only a bit of improvement on your drawing skills, but I like how you came up with some concepts in your previous post.

Don't take it bad, Forscience has a good point

although, I know you started drawing way back from the start of your SB here I say don't stop doing it, I want to see your first pose drawing, drawn again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nevermindjoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  154.4 KB

If you don't mind editing your last concept of aragorn

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nevermindjoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nevermindjoker has made a pretty strong point on some of the underlying issues that you seem to be having. I would add that the referenced studies are very important, and it's really good that you've been doing them. However, I would drop the color for a little while and focus on value studies, as it will help you develop some form and see things in a simpler manner. Anyways, keep workin' it!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to {CKL} For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,429 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I think that Iím really familiar with the feeling, when you want to do something, to create
    something so badly, something that you just imagined, but you donít have the skills
    to pull it off. Youíre just being short of something on some way. Itís painful. You just need
    to give up on some plans. For now. You shouldnít bite large chunks off, when youíre unable
    to chew them and to swallow it. Pull the handbrake, stop for a while and go back to some
    basics. You cannot create hyper mega cool original highly rendered unique characters when
    you didnít mastered the basics. Forms, values, proportions, perspective etc. I know that you
    did tons and tons of studies, but you should do more. At least twice more than you did till
    now, and then try your imagination, and your character composition capabilities again. I know
    itís sounds a bit discouraging, but thatís the way it is. That is if your main goal is to improve,
    then you should go back to the fundamental pages. Simple objects, simple things, drawing
    from life, drawing poses are also ok, but donít do anything crazy for now. You could try
    some smeagol and gandalf things on your own way, but it will look a bit silly, everyone
    will notice the bad proportions, the flatness, and your lack of basic knowledge of lots of
    things. Just trying to help, and to be realistic, say what I see, and say what I think that
    it could help you. You are on the right track, you have the motivation and the work habit,
    to become better, but you need to slow down, focus more on your basic studies, concentrate
    more, donít rush anything, cause I often have the feeling that you are rushing your drawings
    and paintings, as the main goal was to create endless pages of sketches. Try to implement some
    more quality instead of quantity. You already got some very useful info and pointers in
    some of the posts in the earlier pages, you just read them over again. I wish you to keep
    up with your studies, keep the positive thinking and let your mind be open always, just
    like a parachute. Cheers.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nevermindjoker- For one man thank you so much for visiting my sketchbook after you were one of my first visitors and you coming back means a lot! On the other hand i feel infuriated that you dont see much improvement which is no ones fault to blame but mine since its the blunt truth. The anger this gave me was very useful for blowing off into some drawing! I believe i didn't improve much from last year is because of me lacking to apply my studies to imaginative drawing. However i am going to work on this now and will be applying all my studies and drawing figures ect. from my mind on the daily! I promise you that next time you visit my sketchbook there will be leaps of improvement to make up for failing you earlier joker i promise! Also thank you very much for the advice on my aragorn do to time issues i cant fix his gesture but was able to fix his head a bit which helped the proportions a little! Also i really appreciate you taking your time to make a visual for me!

{CKL}-Thank you very much man and im thinking about it just failing at it haha and yes i am dropping color and painting everyhting in black and white first to get a grip of value!

LtPlissken- Thanks a bunch man i love seeing your comments around ehre and am glad to have one in my book! haha Very inspirational stuff thank you! I will be going back to all the fundamentals starting yesterday and will be working my ass off on them both studies and from imagination! Ill keep pushing with all this help from the community like yourself! Thank you!

Some sketchbook stuff and my finished aragorn piece. Well almost finished just a couple details to fix but pretty much finished!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some vilppu studies and i decided to go down to the mall and draw people but they move to fast so i decided to go to pop eyes and did some life drawing! It was really hard since i havent done much life drawing probably why i fail to get better so im thinking i might try to do this at least once a week for 5 hours or so.. Also a couple poses done from imagination that fail in many ways I can tell that all these studies and practice i have been doing from life and imagination are paying off though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, nice to see you once again back on the horse and back to grinding the foundations. Now here is the thing, I've seen you return to studying from Vilppu and I honestly think you might be a little of track. It seems as if you skipped the first chapter which holds the most important content which I believe you might lack in and that is gestures! Now the thing is I've seen you do these before but without understanding of rhythm and the fact that you stopped them ain't a good thing. A lot of sketchbook's in where you see people improve a boatload is because they have a strict routine everyday to practice gestures for at least an hour. Completely missing this important principle is the reason why you found it really difficult to draw people walking outside. Now another thing I have to cover is that you should try and draw everyday objects like stacks of books, an egg, as well as tissue boxes. Generally anything that have simple shapes like spheres, cylinders, boxes, cones etc. The reason for this is to be able to take note of how they recede into space and getting an intuitive feel of ellipses to construct objects. Studying from books is good but all it does is give you the tools to practice with from life.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kamikazel33t: Thanks! And yeah your are definitely right i went back and did that chapter and am trying to focus on understanding it more! also you are right i need to try and stick to a strict routine until i achieve my goal! And i have also taken your advice and started to try and draw everything i see like the simple things!

So quick little update i have just some Loomis head studies kinda sloppy :/ and ive been doing 30min pixelovely drawing classes everyday and then 30min of figures from my imagination so here is just a picture of some of them clumped together ive just been throwing them away but might start taking pictures so i can update if you guys would be interested? I also talked to one of the LCAD admissions counselors today and she seemed to like my concept ideas and seemed pretty promising to me She wants me to go to a workshop though and get about 4-5 good figure drawings so im stoked!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a still life i did with prisma color pencils. It was my first time using coloring pencils really and it was an awesome experience i loved the prismas they are incredible its like a magic pencil that can paint! Anyways crits and advice are always appreciated and the perspective is a bit off i apologize i should know better then drawing in my lap :/ anyways back to drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to post something to show im still drawing! Just a random picture of some of the pixelovely and imagination and some life stuff ive been drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, we have the same printer! thanks for stopping by my sketchbook and thanks for the suggestions. i'll however suggest that you do some blind contour drawing because they are really help me see and draw better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would recommend this book mainly to help with how you see things - "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." Some basic fundamentals in there to actually seeing. And then practicing it EVERY day as best you can. Do not ever give up your journey..because thats the best part...THE JOURNEY!!

-TeT-

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love it!! i like your confidence when you're drawing, keep drawing and having fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yemi775- Thanks for dropping by mine as well man! and thanks for the advise ive been playing around with the blind contour s and like them because there really relaxing and fun!

Tetsuo- Thanks a bunch man i will keep fighting! I have heard of that book before and will definitely add it to my books to read!

Silverkeeper- Thanks a bunch man! I feel like confidence is something I lack XD

Well heres just some stuff ive been doing nothing special the cute baby is my girlfriend Im going to be a lot more active hopefully on here because im trying to draw for about 6 hours day maybe a bit less every day for now on so yay! back to painting and hopefully improving!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, there's been alot of good critique here, and a sweet improvment on that. Lot's of people have already said what I thought while going through this but I have one tip that have helped me alot. Try to apply Loomis and brideman in your figure studies. For example take a photo ref and apply Loomis mankin to it. That have helped me much more than just drawing em from the book.
    Anyway it's cool that you working much good luck with that and stay bbacon. Pm me and I can tell you a secret.

If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Baconstrap: Thanks for the advice Bacon Ill definitely give it a try!

Just some Vilppu studies and some imagination.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Crappy value study

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3