Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Link to my da which holds my art that, picking the best out of it, I have had planned on using in my portfolio:
A little back story: I have procrastinated till now on getting application done for various art schools. My procrastination was due to something going on in my life at the time. I finally have gotten back into swing and completed the applications for the schools- I am now at the portfolio phase.
I feel like my art is so insignificant to others applying to the schools. I feel like there's no point in me sending in anything more (money/essays/art.) for these various reasons (some rational, some not) swirling around in my head:
1) The requirements say "only show your best art" but I feel like all of mine is shit for the way they describe what they want in a portfolio.
2) Why do they seem so crazy in wanting some super-beautiful-correct-in-everyway art pieces in the portfolio if it's an institution to LEARN to be a better artist?
I really have no direction of where to go next:
Should I just keep working on my art in my own time at the pace I am now?
Should I just swallow my pride and submit what I have?
Should I drop anything to do with art college wise, and just take a major in business like my dad wants?
Should I just try to find a job and forget about college for awhile?
I really wanted to go to a college for these reasons:
- To get out of the house and live alone (dorm/apartment)
- To be at a place with other people with the same interests I have
- To have teachers/professors to give me that little extra kick in my butt to get things done
Even since I graduated community college I find that I just don't do as much stuff as I used to....
Anyway, any input I would love, thank you all who read this far. You have no idea what it means to me that people care about me that much.
Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department