Thanks

Smile Death and Devastation

Here are some pictures I did for the introductory sequence of a game. They basically establish the background setting of the earth being devastated by freak occurrences of space-time rifts. The player's supposed to play either a guy or a gal who works for an organization to revitalize human civilization.

Space-time Anomalies
    Death and Devastation

Devastation
    Death and Devastation

Tragedy
    Death and Devastation

The Search for a New Land
    Death and Devastation
    ...+1 exp

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I really love your second image with the buildings falling. The effects look nice, the buildings seem well done, and i like the little lightning streak line you have going around the ball.

troll4life Guest
    In panel no. 3,the guy is trying do do something bad to the girl...

We must not let this happen.

troll4life Guest
    I'm sorry for what i said earlier.
    I know that i should give constructive feedback. :bash:

Last edited by Oblio; May 31st, 2004 at 02:35 AM.

Thanks
    I seriously hope you're joking troll4life.

I really do.

Nice pics though. The only one I'm a little iffy on is the first one. There's a few too many stars, and I think that the explosions should look a little more... I don't know. Explosion-y. I thought it was some stylistic piece when I first looked at this thread.
    Whoa... that's...
    sexeh.

Thanks
    I really like all these pictures, especially the one with the buildings looking like they are about to be sucked back in from a great explosion in the center. The picture of the girl with her hair blowing in the wind and the guy kneeling is good also, are they some of the lone survivors, or perhaps the saviors of the demolished city?
    [Drum & Bass MassiveDrum & Bass Worldwide]

Thanks
    EvilFIsh17 They aren`t explosions, read the original post.

My problem with them is that they are just too copy-pasted. Even if they aren`t they look like that. All of them equally big and stuff. They don`t look very chaotic. I don`t quite know how to put it really.
    Veni, vidi, vici.

troll4life Guest
    Originally posted by SinisteR
    EvilFIsh17 They aren`t explosions, read the original post.

My problem with them is that they are just too copy-pasted. Even if they aren`t they look like that. All of them equally big and stuff. They don`t look very chaotic. I don`t quite know how to put it really.
    Maybe the artist was suggesting some slow motion dramatic movement...

Something lika FLASHBACK...i guess...

Thanks
    Re: Tragedy
    - the area around the waist doesn't have enough depth.
    - your rendering of the people is good but doesn't carry enough emotion.

Re: Searching
    - They don't look like explorers! Where is their food ? blankets ?
    - The scene is well set up.

I like picture #2 the best.
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Matt Smith> Thanks! I'm glad you like it

troll4life> Lol, eh, I understand...sometimes it's just hard to resist posting something ridiculous. I'm guilty of that occasionally too. I had a laugh though. It is a joke, right...? Yeah, they're flashbacks. I sepia-toned them for the game, but put up the original gray ones here.

Evilfish> They aren't explosions, like Sinister said.

Pitvipr> Thank you. The guy and the woman in the last pic are the player characters who will be helping rebuild settlements at various designated places on earth.

SinisteR> Some of them are copy and pasted. Well, there're some variations in sizes. But the main problem I have is how to portray them. They aren't explosions, they aren't asteroid impacts. They're like dimensional holes in 3D space. So my take is that the typical shadings of 3D spheres do not apply to them. But, eh, I haven't seen anything in real life that can remotely be called a space-time rift, so they could be totally inaccurate.

otherside> They're thin anime waists . Those player characters aren't explorers, actually. In the game, they will start at designated areas to rebuild a settlement. And the area has already been explored before and deemed suitable as a habitat for humans. When you start the game, there is already an outpost there with the basic survival necessities.
    Last edited by Aerythes; May 31st, 2004 at 04:11 AM.
    ...+1 exp

troll4life Guest
    I am trying to reveal the hidden msg of those drawings,and how is that not constructive?:mad:

Thanks
    well.. let me see - if i would say: "Your posts are lousy, you talk like a 10 years old kid" would it be constructive to you?
    Or if i get to pay more attention and say "Your posts could be just less mean, and even if you try to help, your words don't. There is no advice and no "helping attitude". You only bring frustration to the author which is not a nice thing - i'm sure each of us get enough frustration only by working our art skills. Surely you can do better. Looking forward to see some more art from you too.Thank you." you have a chance to get my point.

troll4life Guest
    Originally posted by Oblio
    well.. let me see - if i would say: "Your posts are lousy, you talk like a 10 years old kid" would it be constructive to you?
    Or if i get to pay more attention and say "Your posts could be just less mean, and even if you try to help, your words don't. There is no advice and no "helping attitude". You only bring frustration to the author which is not a nice thing - i'm sure each of us get enough frustration only by working our art skills. Surely you can do better. Looking forward to see some more art from you too.Thank you." you have a chance to get my point.

Thank you OBlio, that was the smartest thing I ever heard today.

Thanks.:chug: :eek:

Thanks
    Oh... well that's probably why they dont look like explosions.

Usually I skip the message and go straight to the picture. Note to self: Read Message.
    Whoa... that's...
    sexeh.

Thanks
    Oh my......That second amazing, your work is always inspirational. Where can I find more info about this game, or is it still in production?
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    those look really good

Thanks
    Sok N. Wett> Thanks! The game (WeaveGlow) is just completed. It's targeted at schools and students because of its emphasis on educational content. Right now, it's just been sold to the schools of our country. If you're interested in knowing more about it, we've just put up a lil website here: http://www.ivlab.com.sg/weaveglow/member/about.asp
    ...+1 exp

Thanks
    You have got some serious skills for
    perspective on cities, and your
    gray value skills for redendering,
    are great; but as some other
    persons had said your week point
    is that your figures need more
    dinamism, and that comes only
    with practice, but with your actuall
    skills you will overcome
    this in no time.

great stuff

keep em coming :chug:
    Last edited by maxetormer; June 1st, 2004 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Spacetime anomalies

The planet looks pretty good, I was confused by the rifts at first, but I think they work in context. The starfield doesn´t look much like stars at all though. Heres a link I'd like to share

Starfield tutorial

I have read it but not gone through it yet.

Search for a new land
    The poses are to stiff and rigid, especially the guy.
    The cliff they are standing on is tilted but the poses suggest that they are standing on a flat surface. The environment/background could use some more development. Appropriate references might be Pictures of quarrys , natural disasters, volcano eruptions, Mt. St. Helens for instance

Devastation
    It looks good, but the sucction effect of the vortex isn't that clear to me.
    Maybe cropping and tweaking it a bit would help emphesize that.

Thanks
    maxetormer> Thanks I'll keep on drawing figures for sure

paper slayer> Whoa, that starfield in your link looks like it's taken from the hubble telescope. Very nice!

Yeah, the backgrounds for New Land is pretty half-done. I got lazy there . The ground do seem slanted, now that you mentioned it. Will practise more on character poses as well.

For the rift in Devastation, I don't really want it to be purely suction. More like a huge turbulence in a space when a sudden, severe change in pressure in introduced.
    ...+1 exp