Sketchbook: Masiluleke's Quest of MAYhem.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Icon Masiluleke's Quest of MAYhem.

Hey there!

I've been accepted to FZD school of design. I will be starting in June on the 18th.

That means i have a roughly a month to get myself together for the hardest year I'll ever face.

Here are the goals I want to accomplish by the end of this month.

1. An 18/20 hour focused work cycle.
    2. An improvement in Perspective and Production sketching.
    3. Enjoy regular meals
    4. half an hour daily exercise (running, stretching, nothing that my endanger my health)

It's not going to be easy.

But I have to do it.

And the best way I can think of how is to write it down and show others what i've been doing and fear the disappointment I naively expect from others when they see i haven't worked hard.

The sketchbook will contain work that will fall under Perspective or Production Sketching.
    I'm not entirely sure how to go about practising these. (appreciate the advise if you have any)

FZD has foundational student work examples from week 7 to 11 and I'm going to follow that lead.

Watch out for me.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Day 2. This is what I have. It's 4.43. I should have slept 43 minutes ago so i'm off. Hopefully, my alarms will drag me out at 8.

If not... It's still early days. Not that I'm willing to take that excuse. Argh

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    I haven't been posting anything because i have nothing interesting to post. I've been doing my sketch book works i could show whoever-be-reading-this
    what's in it. Mostly, references of animal skulls, and attempts to draw cars. I've figured out a proportion of 3 to 6 wheel lengths for the width and length of a car. I still need practise on drawing cars. I heard CD players was a good thing to draw so i'll try referencing that as well.

Felt like doing some interiors. did two to form a set.

Thanks
    Very nice! I would like to see more interior drawings from you! =D

Thanks
    @PatriciaKelen Thanks!

The first one is an environment piece i did yesterday, the focus was more on creating mountains. Did some sketches or it.

hmm...

The rest are sketches for a self initiated. I've got about half a month left, am i really to devote that time to doing references? I really asking here.

So the self initated is a fantasy IP that contains Titans and unique and varied modes of transportation. It also means I need to do reference drawings of various kinds of boats and ships as well as caravans and beasts of burden.

today is the first day I've managed to will myself to get out of bed after 4 hours of sleep. So yay for the modicum of progress. Let's see a continuation of this trend tomorrow.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.