Family

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Family

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Family

Wow, haven't been here in a long time... I'm not in the happy bunch of people who study arts, so I don't really get to draw that much nowadays. :') </life story>

I'll get to the point without talking too much. Any advice on composition and such? Is it too cluttered, did I manage to get any story though... y'know? Ah, and I know it's very roughly made, which doesn't really add anything to the picture... and maybe makes it harder to advice... but I plan to do the final sketches in finer lines. That's something, isn't it. :'I

Family

CAUTION!
    User's hair and less than
    satisfying memory might
    cause you to confuse her
    with your grandmother.

KiCCHAN
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay here is what I see, maybe it helps with your question on whether you get the story across.

I see a child sitting in a bed with mosquito nets , wearing a gasmask holding a scalpel shaving someones head*, and outside the bed you can see a gas flask and creepy balloons staring at the kid. In the far background, a window with boardings.

*I think it is a balloon as well, but I keep seeing the kids legs as the guys folded arms so could be either?

Story-wise? A lonely kid trying to keep itself happy (why are the teddybears tucked away like that?) having survived the apocalypse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see a kid drawing faces on balloons. Though, I canít understand why itís wearing a gas mask.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicchan View Post
    Wow, haven't been here in a long time... I'm not in the happy bunch of people who study arts, so I don't really get to draw that much nowadays. :') </life story>
    [/IMG]
    Thats a terrible excuse. infact a good excuse is terrible aswell, especially as it's probably what you tell yourself aswell. If you love art and want to be an artist you'll draw and draw because you want to get better and enjoy drawing regardless.

I don't know a single sod that draws and my art degree is a worthless piece of paper.

You have two of the tree things you require to be a successful artist. An internet connection (not that you cant get good without the internet, but its a bloody handy tool and gives you access to models, study material and this community of mostly helpful artists); something to draw on/with; the only thing you are lacking and the hardest thing to acquire- is the will and determination to dedicate your self to the art of the craft.

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLouis View Post
    Okay here is what I see, maybe it helps with your question on whether you get the story across.

I see a child sitting in a bed with mosquito nets , wearing a gasmask holding a scalpel shaving someones head*, and outside the bed you can see a gas flask and creepy balloons staring at the kid. In the far background, a window with boardings.

*I think it is a balloon as well, but I keep seeing the kids legs as the guys folded arms so could be either?

Story-wise? A lonely kid trying to keep itself happy (why are the teddybears tucked away like that?) having survived the apocalypse.
    Haha, yep! It tells me I did a ghastly job at portrayal. I think I need to scrap this and do a different approach.

CAUTION!
    User's hair and less than
    satisfying memory might
    cause you to confuse her
    with your grandmother.

KiCCHAN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by David_a_ray View Post
    I see a kid drawing faces on balloons. Though, I canít understand why itís wearing a gas mask.
    Maybe she is wearing a gas mask because the world has ended from... gas and she is drawing the faces of her dead family members? I thought the face in her lap was a person until you pointed out it was a balloon, too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dog-faced View Post
    Thats a terrible excuse. infact a good excuse is terrible aswell, especially as it's probably what you tell yourself aswell. If you love art and want to be an artist you'll draw and draw because you want to get better and enjoy drawing regardless.

I don't know a single sod that draws and my art degree is a worthless piece of paper.

You have two of the tree things you require to be a successful artist. An internet connection (not that you cant get good without the internet, but its a bloody handy tool and gives you access to models, study material and this community of mostly helpful artists); something to draw on/with; the only thing you are lacking and the hardest thing to acquire- is the will and determination to dedicate your self to the art of the craft.
    I've already given you a very bad first impression, so I can say this without fearing you'll start thinking little of me: I want to become a better artist only because I enjoy drawing immensely. I really hope I don't have to reach for the stars and aspire for a solid artist job in order to be allowed conceptART's guidance, because I'm not doing that now. I just want to learn a bit for my own enjoyment... So, number three is true. Not in that I'm lacking any will, but in that it's spread thin. I'm a multihobbyist for one, which adds to the stretch, but mostly I'm focusing my will onto my major (that's what you call the field of studies you concentrate on right?) which I'm not only equally in love with, but which will in a couple of years land me with a job and free time to dispose at what I want. Arts, for example. Heh, planning planning... or is it the "later"-excuse in disguise..?!

Oh. And about me not having been here in a long time, and not getting to draw a lot, doesn't mean I don't draw at all. What I draw is probably unsuited to post, though. Scribbles on squared paper and things for school groups that might be too internal joke-y plus earn me a good earful because I'm not to talk of it before it's gone to print, at which time it is too late to ask for help and guidance... *draws breath* So, while I actually do design/draw a little bit almost every day, I don't allow myself to draw freely very often. And unfortunalely, drawing freely is what I think will make me learn the most... And what in my head is more the kind of drawing-drawing I was referring to.

So sorry that I expressed myself so poorly and unclearly before. I know all too well what I mean but am, as proven in text and image, not as good at getting my thoughts across. Be it caused by language barrier or me being me (I think the latter...), it's still a thing to work at. Again, sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by erinc View Post
    Maybe she is wearing a gas mask because the world has ended from... gas and she is drawing the faces of her dead family members? I thought the face in her lap was a person until you pointed out it was a balloon, too!
    Hahaha, oh my goodness, scary though!! I really wouldn't have the heart to draw a severed head in the lap of a child, though. :') Maybe a much clearer, much improved sketch and colours are in order, so it's a lot more obvious that it's indeed "family-balloons".

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.