TAD Entertainment 2D Artwork: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, Brilliant Colors and More!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 10,913 Times in 2,482 Posts

TAD Entertainment 2D Artwork: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, Brilliant Colors and More!

It is about time I share with you some of the student and professional work from TAD's entertainment 2d Department, and the professional work my students have been doing for Brilliant Colors (AKA Massive Black Shanghai).

The following work comes from TAD students who are in their third and fourth semesters in our program (essentially their sophomore year if comparing to the big art schools out there). I am beyond proud of what is being achieved as approximately half of my students last semester were already beginning to work professionally on projects for the NBA, Riot Games and its number one MMO in the world (League of Legends) and more, all courtesy of the contracts they were awarded from Brilliant Colors as well as their own freelance efforts.

We are teaching the TADsters how to do more than just get the work, get jobs, and get paid. We are teaching them to be entrepreneurs, masters of their own fate, and creators of their independence. That is one of the biggest reasons we have created the www.greenlightsummit.com event that is upcoming and available to all TAD students as part of their tuition and the program. It is not enough to simply have a job nowadays. One must be able to work on client work, and create their own intellectual properties which gives a chance at real success.

TAD is not going to stop until it is known as the finest art school, and entertainment art program in the field. Here is a sample of the kind of work and opportunities that have been created in my department. I have never seen results like this, so fast, in my entire career. I am very proud of what the students are doing and am very honored to be a part of this journey.

It is a total honor and a pleasure to share this work with you, from the student and now already pro artists like David Kegg, Duc Truong, Alex Konstad, Kirsten Zirngibl, Jon Neimeister, Paul Bradley, Mathias Kollros and more! Thanks to Randis and Dirty Iron for their assistance in Art Directing on the Brilliant Colors work, and to Will Keetell for his producer cat herding awesomeness, and to the TAD faculty for help raising these talented folks up...and last but not least, to Brilliant Colors VP Brooke Quarles for making sure everyone gets paid on the pro work!

If you have not played League of Legends it is Free to play and has taken over World of Warcraft as the biggest MMO on the planet. Much love to Riot Games too!

Please, enjoy!

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get an additional month for free!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 944 Posts
    awesome! proud of you guys!
    you all did improve a lot in the last couple months! Keep it up

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Super inspiring to see this collection. I'm pushing hard to try to become part of the awesomeness that is BC

Thanks
    That's a honor working with you guys, especially the professionalism and cool advice from AD Randis Albion and Producer Will Keetell, also the everyday feedback and jokes from team.

And still, what Jason show here is just a small part of all.

<<<I R LUMINA R I>>>

How I eat pen everyday aka ma Sketchbook.

http://fxevo.blogspot.com/ The blog of city wanderer.
    Facebook: Duc. Truong Huyen

Thanks
    Oh...and CHECK THIS OUT! These videos hit number one and the main page of youtube on a regular basis. 14,400,000 Million views!!! That's what I call good promotion

3D champions by Brilliant Colors (AKA MB Shanghai)

1.2 Million Views - 14000 Likes

2.4 Million Views - 12000 Likes

2.5 Million Views - 11000 Likes

2.3 Million Views- 14,000 Likes

1.9 Million Views- 11000 Likes

2 Million Views 12000 Likes

1.1 Million Views 8000 Likes

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get an additional month for free!

Thanks
    Wow, sick update! Bookmarking this one!

ART. MORE. NOW.

Thanks
    Amazing work by all! I would say TAD is already well on it's way to becoming the best art school in the entertainment field. Congrats.

Monstrosity - A Book of Drawings
    Now Available here

Website
    YouTube Channel
    Twitter
    Facebook

Thanks
    Woohoo! Thanks a ton Jason, this has been an amazing experience and it's been a pleasure working with all the BC folk, the rest of Team Awesome, Randis, Will and lord Dirty Iron! A greater experience is naught to be had, but in the glorious realms of BC and TAD! </unintentional poetry>

Yatta!

Thanks
    Thanks Jason - this opportunity has been amazing! Thanks to Will, Randis and all of the BC crew - its been an honor working with all of you! Great things are ahead!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Well done gang!!

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Thanks for putting us on Jason, has been a fun ride so far and am looking forward to what comes next.

Thanks
    It's great to see all this great art in one place. You guys have really busted your asses and the results are amazing.

Keep tearing it up.

-e

Thanks
    Great job Brilliant colors team! Inspiring work!

Thanks
    I'm wondering, why do they work with up to 5 people on one of the flash art pieces?

:: www.TomDeVis.com
    :: Facebook !
    :: have a nice day

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDeVis View Post
    I'm wondering, why do they work with up to 5 people on one of the flash art pieces?
    Each situation is different. We run a very team and teamwork centered program at TAD and Brilliant Colors. When artists work together they learn more quickly, grow in leaps, and pick up on how each other solve problems. Other times it may just be that one was free when the feedback came in or had the solution that made the client happy. I encourage methods that have artists working together instead of holed away. It makes production and the team feel a lot more cohesive too and builds strong creative bonds.

I have learned a lot of lessons building and running production teams over the years and now prefer teamwork to the individual rock star mentality that eventually hampers morale and stagnates learning. Some of this has carried over from my early days at Black Isle Studios. There were pieces that I worked on, that Justin Sweet then had a hand in, that Kevin Llewellyn had a hand in, then Andrew Jones had his hands in...it is how we worked out issues we could not solve as easily if it were just any of us by ourselves.

Thanks
    WOW! Everything here is brilliant!

Great lighting. Great character designs.

What I like most is that everything looks built from the imagination. Nothing is overly phot referenced (maybe not at all. Looks built from skill and knowledge rather than copied from photo).

Just AWESOME work!!!

Ray Dillon - Artist & Writer
    CLIENTS: Science Channel, R.L. Stine, Todd McFarlane, Marvel, DC, IDW, Archie, Topps, Upperdeck, WB.
    • Ridley Scott's "Prophets of Science Fiction" (Issac Asimov, George Lucas) + "Meteorite Men" (Science Channel)
    • Mars Attacks: Popeye / Transformers / Real Ghostbusters / KISS / Robots vs. Zombies (IDW)
    • Anne Rice "Servant of the Bones" (IDW)
    • Peter S. Beagle "The Last Unicorn" (IDW; NYT Best-Seller!)
    .COM | Blog | Sketch | FB | uTube | DA | TWITTER!

Thanks

Time for another inspirational art drop....

This batch is from talented TAD student and already pro concept artist with Brilliant Colors: Alex Konstad. Enjoy the batch of work.

Thanks
    And a few from the gifted Mr. David Kegg, TAD student and already pro concept artist on Team Brilliant Colors. Here is some of his freelance work he has been doing!

Members who have read this thread: 2