Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Cool stuff. I really like the plane drawings. Always does my head in trying to figure out the perspective for things like that.

My SKETCHBOOK

Check it out and help me get better.

My folio website: http://www.hayden-zammit.com/

My Deviantart
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great sketchbook! I have to say, you've got such a nice and clear line! good job on those traditional sketches. As I said, the line seems very expressive, good job on that .

Those last paintings you've been working on are nice too! But don't forget to add some elements below them, specially on those vehicles. Try to think about a floor or surface in which they are resting, or if flying, then some clouds, etc. Not exactly to create an illustration, but just to keep your mind thinking about composition.

Nada importa morir, pero no vivir es horrible.
    ----

I have a S.KETCH.BOOK.!!

and a blog (with animation stuff): http://animatedskycat.blogspot.mx/

and a tumblr (with random stuff): http://arturoarias.tumblr.com/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GatoDelCielo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice work, the values in the last one look a little washed out, and the colours are a little muddy. Try to add in some harder edges and try to stay away from greys when you are adding tone. Buy, uhm yeah...otherwise you're doing good.

Thanks
    hey thanks for coming to my sketchbook i found your comment very helpful. Some cool stuff here by the way but you definitely need to work on your hard surfaces and perspectives.
    I did a crude redline to show how the wings of this vehicle may not be properly aligned with the body it things like this that mean an image can just look a bit odd. good luck.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    i like your linework, it feels quite dynamic, wish i could easily adapt it into my work .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lakai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I quite like the amount of studies I see n your SB. From life and photo refs too. Cool. I can´t sketch on the bus. I would like to see some of these taken a bit further towards a finished piece maybe?

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbwolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thnx for dropping by m8.Much appreciated ,i really like your linework how do you do it?My lines still have uncertainty .Anyways digipainting on faces seems to be the less worked out skill so far i think.Your creatures are nice your enviros have improved since page 1, everything is getting better.The indian portait is muddy colored with pretty much the same color values check this http://illustrationisland.files.word...-wds.jpg?w=600
    The face is divided into color zones.I spend some time and still spending checking out works of the old masters.Check impressionists and expressionists fauvism you know art history i love portraits like this http://www.redeasel.com/.a/6a00e54ee...304f970c-450wi to enrichen (dunno if thats the word) your color pallete there are much more colors that we see in a photo study for example.
    I hope thats helpfull keep it up \m/

Thanks
    good going- Loomis is dead helpfull. I owe the guy a lot.How about some free hand perspective studies?

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    I really like your sb. Your skills are really coming along. It's good to see a bit of perspective practice as well. I am currently learning that at Uni. In fact I might post some of the work I have done for that. Thank you for the idea. I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks
    Greyscale stuff is great enviros are ok iam not a speciallist but the values seem tottaly ok.Latest face not so good.You do the same thing as i do skew the picture.If you are in photoshop flip it to see miss allignment and if you are working with pencil mirrors could be usefull.In both cases use construction guides to find the perspective.In portraits one other way to quickly find perspective is to find the line from brow(part of the brow that goes to the side plane) to top of the ear.Hope thats helpfull.As for color check this book out http://www.scribd.com/doc/67533891/D...-Photoshop-CS3 it has some really interesting chapters for painting heads.
    Waiting to see more man!

Thanks
    cool stuff. the environment perspective studies are comming along nicely. I really digg the latest boney creatures

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

Thanks
    It's good to see you working on perspective drawings, since perspective, in my opinion, will be the most helpful tool to have in your belt for drawing. But don't get too complicated with it at first. Work on freehand perspective drawings, as one poster mentioned above, whereby you set up various perspective planes in various types of perspectives, 1pt, 2pts, 3, etc., using combinations of different angles on the horizon line between the left and right vanishing points. Then, once you feel comfortable constructing freehand planes, I'd suggest moving on with boxes upon boxes upon boxes. As Loomis said, "Everything can be put into a box!". Then get into ellipses. Being able to freehand draw an ellipse takes time but it is an essential skill to have. From there build cylinders, then cones, and finally spheres. Then begin to combine these simple geo-forms (boxes, cylinders, cones, spheres) into more complex forms, intersecting them at various points, adding and subtracting from the forms. After just a few months of personally doing all of these exercises, it's become a game to walk around and look at objects in the world and imagine how I could deconstruct these "complex" forms and break them down into simple geo-forms - A fire extinguisher is a large cylinder with a curved cylinder for the hose, an iphone is a box with beveled edges, and you get the picture... Even the human figure can be broken down into understandable forms. The more you study these seemingly easy, boring things the more it becomes second nature and you'll find that you simply can't draw anything without taking these things into account. Sorry if the post was too long and if I kinda blabbed too much, but this stuff's exciting for me to talk about since I'm learning it all at the moment and feel like it's important to share. In all, keep up the great work!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFrenik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Pause Button? Youmean yu´ve been taking a break? Slacking off? Or took a screenshot?

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3