Technology Service: Human Pose Mockup (Free)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Service: Human Pose Mockup (Free)

Hi artists,

Lemme introduce my service, Pose Mockup, it just started so there are limited pose to choose, however it's free to use for general mockup purpose, as I reckon making a solid pose can take quite sometimes, this service aims to reduce that extra minutes for you to complete your art quicker

Here's the link to my service:

http://easypose.blogspot.com/

Feel free to request pose too, I can provide it in a matter of day, thanks for reading and see you there

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This isn't a bad idea. There will be a number of starting artists that find this helpful. However for it to become a really useful reference to the art community at large, you need to increase the precision and accuracy of your poses.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So wait, after going through all that trouble to download, it really is just a traced contour from a photo (or maybe 3d render)? I thought there had to be more to it than that. I guess I don't begrudge you trying to generate some income with the ad redirects, but really?

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Elwell:
    well, income is not my big focus on this blog (by adfly it's not even that profitable, maybe I can buy a cup of coffee by hosting it 3 months or so ... lolz), I just add it because I feel like it.

And yeah, I'm using 3d render to import and trace image, I'm having trouble using illustrator though, which is easier to make it vector base rather than pixel, but once I learn how to use it, definitely it's going to be redesign to be vector. I'm not that pro to produce a large number of poses so I gotta need some assistance from technology, which btw I think it's pretty fair that I can help people for free, with speed.

Hope you can give me some tips to make my service better, like, what do you expect on the final product ?

@Shoronji: Thanks , can you give your references to the segment you think will be beneficial from my service, I would be appreciated

Last edited by winterpetal; April 29th, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The major problem you have is the sorce of the poses. You're using probably Daz studio(?) to pose them and there is nothing wrong with that, but there is not quite enough attention to detail in the posing process. The poses aren't weighted realistically. Also some of their poses are stiff/awkward. It is all the litte things that add up to make a pose look convincing. Think thoughts like 'are the toes supporting the weight oriented properly'? Try the poses out yourself, take pictures, and make notes so that you learn to observe the sublities of the human form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm using Poser , but sharp observation, some of the pose I took from Daz's

Okay, I'm in the process of learning how to master it , any more tips or tutorial for me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I just don't think anybody is going to get more out of traced contours than they would from the actual renders. How did you imagine people using this?

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What I really imagine how people to apply it is projecting the whole image as a layer mask for pose mockup, and as the layer itself it contains shadow (can be done manually through live trace), some pins for the manipulation purpose (people can still do it themselves), thus giving you the whole PSD file.

Can you give me some of your expectation to enhance and give my product add-on value ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Add-on value? Your product has no value at this point, and I don't see how adding anything to it would do any good. You're offering poorly traced outlines of poorly posed 3D models available for free or peanuts. DAZ models are not really useful to begin with, as they are not representing the human range of motion with any accuracy; and you are reducing that accuracy even further with your tracing. I'd suggest you to rethink your strategy.

Members who have read this thread: 1