Aegis WIP

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Aegis WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Aegis WIP

Hey guys, I've browsed this forum a couple times and found some very nice educational material every time. Though this is my first time posting. So I apologize in advance if I make a mistake in my etiquette.

This is a drawing I've been working on the last couple days. I am still very inexperienced with 2d artwork, but it's something I want to get good at. The first thing I learned during this drawing is that, I definitely need to go back and study more anatomy. Drawings are always hit and miss for me concerning everything, including anatomy, for now.

So any critiques would be extremely helpful, especially on the arm areas.

This is a fan drawing of 'Aegis/Aigis' from the Persona 3 video game. The arms and head aren't more drawn in yet because I am still repositioning them quite a bit, and don't feel they are correct yet. The other areas I feel better about, but I am not at all against some suggested changes to them. I am still working on them myself.

Like many other parts I'm absolutely terrible at drawing faces, so I've barely touched that area for now until I get the position feeling right.

There's not too many other things I can think to add right at this moment, so I suppose I'll go ahead and post. Thanks sincerely for any critiques given no matter how short.

Similar Threads
    • Art: aegis
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oblyss; April 26th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Oblyss,

Your drawing looks pretty good. The anatomy isn't bad. Her left arm looks a bit short--probly both arms. When she stands straight up with her arms by her side, the bottom of her fingers should be halfway down her thigh. There are some issues with her breasts being both too high and too close together.

You aren't going to get great practice with anatomy by doing anime characters, ESPECIALLY FACES. This pic on the right is elongated with a tiny head. She has those huge insect eyes, and tiny nose and mouth. I like that your drawing has a more realistic head and hips.

At the end of the day, you need reference to be sure that you're getting everything right. Until then, practice drawing things that are not anime lol. These are cool sites:
    http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

http://www.lovecastle.org/draw/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artfix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Artfix,

Thanks for all the tips and comments. I agree. For practice itself I've mostly been following drawing DVDS(where they draw the normal human figure). This was just a drawing I wanted to do for fun, but yeah, I need to go back to the DVDS and hammer down anatomy and more.

As for the tips on this drawing thanks a bunch, I want to get this one done at least before I return to practicing. So I'll see about making the suggested changes. And thank you for the links. It's a bit late as I'm posting this, apologies if I overlooked something in my drowsy state.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please resize your image,its too big.

Formerly Ultimatum.

A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    -Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry about that, I hope this size is better.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.