Sketchbook: Marc Antomattei's Artbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Marc Antomattei's Artbook

Welcome to the launch of my artbook on Concept Art. Hello everyone, I'm Marc Antomattei, an American who resides in Tokyo, Japan. My first upload is a self-portrait. The three pictures as follows are my hand sketch, followed by my Photoshop digital painting, and the original iPhone 4s self-portrait photograph I took of myself to use as a reference.

Name:  Marc Antomattei Sketch CA.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  180.0 KBName:  Marc Antomattei Painting CA.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  183.0 KB
    Name:  Marc Antomattei Photo CA.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  219.3 KB

PS. I am updating this post to state that this was in fact my first time ever to use a Wacom tablet and pen to do a digital drawing/painting on computer. Before this I only used Photoshop for graphic design and graphics such as making flyers, logos, rearranging things, text, photo improvement, etc.

I would like to stay humble and face humility by acknowledging that I am not better than a majority of the people on this site. I do want to say though I take pride in my work and I am happy with the outcome. It was the best I could do personally at this point in time and it completely surpassed what I thought I was capable of doing. I'm happy with the sketch (somewhat), it makes me cringe just a little, but I am more than satisfied with the digital portrait. For a first time using a Wacom, again I like the end result.

Last edited by Marc Antomattei; April 24th, 2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Adding additional information/commentary on my initial post
    //SIGNED//
    Marc Antomattei
    マークアントマッテイ
    Facebook | Concept Art | deviantART
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Masako Miyazaki The Photographer

Name:  Masako Miyazaki Sketch CA.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  119.2 KBName:  Masako Miyazaki Painting CA.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  126.0 KB
    Name:  Masako Miyazaki Photo CA.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  155.5 KB

The first Photoshop digital painting that I did, the self-portrait of myself was actually just a test. I wanted to give my Japanese girlfriend who is a professional photographer here in Tokyo a gift, a sentimental gift that only I could give to her, and something that I knew that no one else has ever given her before. Granted the fact that I myself am quite a renaissance man and a pro DJ, I didn't want to do a music mix, I wanted something that felt like it had just a little bit more artistic merit to it. So I figured why not a painting.

So my self-portrait painting came out of that, I had to do that one first to assess my skill capabilities and painting level in Photoshop, because I had never painted anything before and there was that possibility that the outcome maybe wouldn't have been so good. Well, I was pleased with the first painting so I proceeded to do this one.

I needed a good picture to paint of her and I wanted the image to relate to her life and life's work as much as possible. So she recently released her first ever photo book and she was doing some press for it. She appeared on a local TV station called Kanagawa Television, on a live afternoon show called "Arigato" (Thank You) to talk about her book. I thought she looked gorgeous on the show, so what I did was look at the recorded copy of the video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgxWAej0fk and I paused it at a moment in which both she looked good and you could she her face easily, took a screenshot and drew a sketch based off of that.

I am very happy with this painting and so is she by the way. The goal was to impress her and make her happy, and I accomplished both.

//SIGNED//
    Marc Antomattei
    マークアントマッテイ
    Facebook | Concept Art | deviantART

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its hard to gauge where you`re at with only these pieces. Might want to post more studies, stuff from imagination and such. Hopefully more will come and comment. Keep workin at it!

-Aliases-
    kasai
    MastadonX3
    leEsquisse

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.