Sketchbook: High School Portfolio
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: High School Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

High School Portfolio

Last edited by Jonathan P; April 24th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

High School Portfolio

Hey guys, i'm a junior in high school working hard to prepare a portfolio for the Entertainment Design program at Art Center. I know it's an extremely competitive program and i'm still really young but i know i'm really passionate about my work and i want to do it for a living.

But anyway, on to my work, about half is unrelated from the portfolio project and the rest is designed with the intent of following a narrative i'm working on, so i'll try to keep labels on the related and unrelated work. If you wanna see the specs for the portfolio it's on art center's website (http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/admiss...ent_design.jsp).

The basic narrative for the art center portfolio is a blitzkrieg alien assault, followed by a vicious struggle for resources and concluding with a final desperate counterattack. It takes place in a futuristic society, with plenty of robots and political backstory to go along with it. I want to do a lot of environments, seeing as it's a global invasion and everything is so much different in the future, in addition to a bunch of character and vehicle sketches and model sheets.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan P View Post
    how do you post images without them being ridiculously large
    Resize a copy to 1000 pixels or less (long dimension) in any photo editing program.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scale your images down in an image editor, the uploader doesn't do it for you. Your shapes aren't bad but the rendering feels rushed. Where is the observational stuff? Most schools like to see at least two pieces for observation to show off your foundation skills

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Members who have read this thread: 1