Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: CHoW#286 :: Aoife & Her Mechanical Guardian

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 388 Posts
    @Rhdnor
    I like the celtic stuff. You have chosen a difficult pose for the feet. I think that a point that can use some attention.
    @Aonegamer
    nice outfits. At this point i think you should show more of Aoifes face.
    @gen5
    Good start. keep on render out. Aoife looks nice.
    @Pixeltuner
    Great. You are really fast. I like the ones you got further with. I also found of the absolute middle thumb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JanJager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @JanJager

"Aoife & Her Mechanical Guardian"

Love the design, but that thing looks way too organic to be mechanical, w/ the leaves and all. Throw some panels lines n exhaust ports on that beast!

Thanks

Aoife and Sianach, the Old Council Guardian

Wanted to bypass the whole mecha vein that seems to going on here, and than realized the irish roots in the name and immediately thought of some elk based design. Aoife is about 14 or 15, at the cusp of the primal doorstep to adulthood of 16 when she will face a trial of Consciousness. Till that day she wanders a deserted isle of the coast of Ireland blindfolded and guarded by the mechanical beast Sianach. The machine was created by the Old Council who saw fit to remove the enchantress from the influence of society. If the beasts third eye detects an intruder than he will siphon some of the enchantress's innate power to transform the victim into some part of nature, hence the tree frozen in the face of shock on the left.

Pretty happy with the guardian design, the enchantress needs a bit more work before I'm ok with it.

@janjager - Love the viking runes, but I agree it's too organic for a mechanical guardian. Plate it up but keep those runes!

@Khalo- that monkey is fantastic. The girl's left leg ( our right, her left) is a little awkward, too long perhaps?

@Geb - the composition is great, the enchantress needs to be defined better when i first looked i thought she was part of the plating on the leg :/

@Marko Makovic - my vote goes to #2 enchant and #1 guardian, the style of clothes and the structure of the beast interested me the most

@Pxel Slayer - first reaction was very elvish to the clothe design, just random thought. Can't wait for your guardian!

@Drayner - too many picks but I would go for #2, 5, 6 have the most character imo

Tired...sleep time

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Abrazuno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ... going to keep going here... this "bot" will be mystical, so I might change it more...
    Attachment 1468187

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MasterTroglodyte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 399 Posts
    Take#2...I think I should just let this one slide and go do some studies instead. LOTS of them.

Attachment 1468191

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ded For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Just saw this thread and decided to throw my hat in the ring.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SlowDaddie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Started on the turnaround, and also toyed around with a few more monkeybot concepts. Started with a monkeyish silhouette and tried taking it in various robotic directions - one involved a holograph with a people-face. People-face monkeys, the damn creepiest thing I've ever drawn. The other was... Kind of a failure.

I think I'll stick with the original robotic capuchin, it seems to suit the character well, and I can see it looking pretty fierce when having to protect Aiofe.

Edit Oh, I forgot to mention - I decided to abandon the name/account 'Khalo' since it's a handle I've been trying to drop.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncomfortable For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    GEB---thanks for compliment

Abrazuno---thanks i thought so...
    update

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marko markovic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

PitBull Bot

Well, I seriously doubt I will complete this contest in time so I'll just post what I have. Also, Pixeltuner has a very cool technique and I see really cool compositions in there, especially the thumb 3 rows down, two far left frames. I see an enormous robot that is so big it doesn't fit in the composition, located in some dump of a lake. Very cool entries so far, guys, and good luck!

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to devilminer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wow lots of crazy stuff:
    just a few comments on page three thus far:

devilminer: love the machine design, maybe place your character on it some where???

marko markovic: nice colours reminds me of transformers, now the hard part wheres your character gonna go??

Uncomfortable: love your guardian and how your trying to give here this desert sort of look not desert per say but something to link the two
    together, maybe give her fur clothing to and metal padding to link the two together the drapped robe works but adding more elemnts might help??

SlowDaddie: i've gonna say i love the face its cute (actually struggled to spell that for a min or two LOL) i think the robot face needs more cute_ness
    the missiles dont match that much, i mean it seems hard to link weapons of mass destruction with a pretty little happy girl????

ded: sweet composition and design your almost finished LOL!! maybe watch the legs antamy of the guardian and the skull in flames, i might make that
    transparent or the skull flowting on its own to reinforce the telekenetics of your character???

PxelSlayer: the face is great, i can see the guardian in my mind, but will keep posted to see if you do more.

MasterTroglodyte: nice! BUT your character looks like she is to calm, if your guardian is in an aggro pose i think i would shift your character to the middle
    and change her pose to more combat orientated???

Abrazuno: sweet guardian!! see with this one, there are vague notions in here. i like it if n when i see more i'll comment again. to clarify what i mean.
    over all i think there is some odd positionings, i would shift thinks around a little not sure how, ignore me. . . LOL

JanJager: sweet, reminds me of Tarzan, would you make the girls cloths more rugged??

Khalo: nice .i would change the uncross the girls legs, see seems of balance??

Aonegamer: interesting, alchemy sketches

gen5: liking your robots, robots are always cool.

Pixeltuner: interesting, almost seems like your going for harmony in this one, i like the color comp, really makes you look at the girl, hope to see more.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Feeling intense sense of inferiority at general brilliant display of skills by people here.
    Anyway, the red ribbon signifies a connection and also a sense of ownership between the two, plus she's a young girl so she might feel inclined to decorate him with ribbons at some point. Character sheet coming up, now that I've narrowed down on some of the details.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhdnor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    devilminer: I love it!

PxelSlayer/: Stop whining for fucks sake Thats a great looking character

I'm just gunna show you guys where I got to yesterday, as I plan to completely change it up. It just looks like a bog standard mech which I don't want. I want to do something weird and epic. I was thinking of a giant robotic teddy bear, but what I really want to do is something really emotive with jeopardy and drama and all that other crap... You know like a fantasy version of terminator 2... Wish me luck... I'm gunna need it...

Be gooooooooood...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast