Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTroglodyte View Post
    I disagree (with the evil part, at least, don't have any problems w/ the dress)... she looks impish, maybe. I frankly think that Bnoch nailed it on the head. Should she be some kind of tableaux figure? or can one have personality w/o being good/evil? I wax philosophic but what I'm trying to say is that I don't think her fabulous expression deviates from the parameters of the CHOW. You go, Bnoch. (And please don't hurt me, Pixeltuner.)
    The first impression i had with her was of a dangerous and sinister little girl. But it just could as well be a mix of shyness and impishness too. To let the viewer wondering about it is good imo, mostly if that is the goal.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Doodles.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BHCS; May 4th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks
    Hey guys, really bad of me to ask for crit when I given so little this week, apologies.
    I was wondering if I could get some feedback?

Looking to create an image that's reflective of renaissance portraiture of angels and adding in the duo's star sign (that Aoife made one night).

This image is my place holder to give an idea for where im going, so please look past the multiple styles and colours for now

The robot has been a really tough for me to think up, any crit/thoughts would be highly appreciated:]

CHoW#286 :: Aoife & Her Mechanical Guardian

Portfolio ~ www.jackhammerart.com ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trolljack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    even tough bnoch totally owned this challenge with his outstanding entry, heres my attempt

my Sketchbook plz help me become a better artist !

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153575

Thanks
    Hi Guys...as usual I'm pulling a hit and run and dropping a crap sketch...Im a busy man and have no time for these puerile games!

(then a chorus rises from CA users) : !!!!!!

ok..just kidding I wish I could participate more often and definitely complete SOMETHING...just once! T_T

Anyhow great work so far everyone... PixelTuner..I LOL'd at the rubber ducky w/the missile launcher... HA!

Name:  ClaudioGrassiAoifeSketch1.png
Views: 401
Size:  145.9 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cloud-Yo! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This CHOW topic is something I want to be a part of, but I jumped on board way too late. Going to see what I can do to make this happen! Here's some silhouettes and sketches I finished.

Haven't spent much time on Aoife yet. I'm leaning towards something innocent and silly.

dan liimatta, good call on Etna! The first thing I thought of when I saw this CHOW was the Disgaea artist, Takehito Harada. I'm definitely pulling influence from his style. (Also, from Studio Ghibli's fun, innocent nature.)
    daniorrr, love the orange hair. It really is an eye-catcher! Goes good with the Irish origin of the name too. Tempted to borrow that hair color myself.

The last image is kinda related. My friend used my name for one of his Disgaea 4 characters. So I drew what I figured the character looked like based on his description.

12:47 PM - Buttermonster: MARK BADOY is now lady samurai class
    12:48 PM - Buttermonster: mainly to learn some skills, might put it back to warrior and put shoes in every slot because you are FAT AND SLOW

Thanks
    Trolljack i think the perspective on the robot arm is weird, because his hand is gripping aoefie, but the part of the arm that passes near her feet passes in front, instead of passing in the back as it should, i like the robot, it reminds me of a planet, or the death star on star wars, but maybe he could be grabbing aoefie instead of only flying around, almost like a father when grabs his son up high to help her reach something high, he could be helping her getting to the "stars" if you get me..hope i have been of some help

Thanks
    Hi, I'm very new to the forms and wanted to participate in the character of the week challenge. There so much talented work on this site! It's hard to post mine. O_O

Here's what I'm working on.

I thought it would be a good concept to base the robot guardian on a strong looking animal. A wolf was the first thing that came to mind.

Thanks
    good idea sherri rose
    i dont know if your going for a realistic style or more cartoon like, but i recommend nonetheless to reference real wolfs as they might help you with the design and anatomy, and watch out for the girls wide shoulders, unless you want her to look really masculine, you shouldnt make them so wide..
    welcome to the CHOW challenges any help you may want just ask

Thanks
    Thank you for the advice, Mcreation! My style tends to balance between cartoon and realism. I use to draw purely anime style, but after I took drawing classes, a lot of the realism elements stuck.
    I was planning on making the girl appear small instead of masculine so I'll defiantly make the shoulders smaller.

Thanks
    one more wip...here it goes

Thanks
    Aaaaaaa... so late. But I had a spark of an idea, so why not. Let's see if I can finish this.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    one of better rounds people!

M

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.