Tony DeZuniga in critical condition and needs your help.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Tony DeZuniga in critical condition and needs your help.

If you can't donate, tweet or share on Facebook:

http://comicartcommunity.com/2012/04...cal-condition/

Hey All
    I hate to report this, but Tony DeZuniga is in extremely critical condition in the hospital in the Philippines.
    Iíve been in contact with his wife Tina, and she provided me the following update Friday night:

Itís really tough since Tony doesnít have insurance here. The medication is very expensive and hospital bill is paid cash 90% Our daily bill is around $1,500 even if we have some money itís drained out already. I have a house here but the process of getting a loan would take time and I canít be gone long away from the hospital.
    As for Tonyís condition, I will give you a brief history and update Ė he had a stroke in the morning of Tuesday last week (weíre 16 hours ahead) The stroke damaged the brain. it has bleeding inside and they need to open up the brain but with so much medication they were able to stop the bleeding but the brain was swollen so they need to take the pressure out so they need to insert a tube to release the pressure but since I donít want them to open up it created an hernia. His condition is so unstable. He got infection that they need to treat, his pneumonia, need to be watched because heís having problem breathing and blood pressure on top of the heart. With too much medications his stomach bleeds. One on top of the other. Anyway. Any little help will be greatly appreciated.
    Iíve been in touch with Neal Adams and heís going to try to pull something together to help Tina and Tony. If anyone would like to contribute to Tonyís health care, they can send the money directly to the DeZunigas via Paypal at tonydezuniga@yahoo.com.
    If you make the payment as a personal gift, 100% of the amount gets transferred.
    I have some books signed by Tony on my website www.fantompress.net. Iíve been doing Doc Savage related collectibles to help Bob Larkin whose wife is suffering from brain cancer.
    Tony signed book plates for the Showcase Doc Savage reprint from DC and Iíll donate 100% of the profits from the sale of the Showcase books to Tony as well as 50% of the profits for anything else on site that you purchase.
    Tina also is hoping to be able to send scans of some of Tonyís art that she will sell to help with their bills, so please drop me a line to get on the list to be notified when I get them.
    If you have any questions, please send them to me and Iíll provide updates when I get them.
    Thanks
    Terry Allen
    www.fantompress.net

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 938 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by velderia View Post
    If you can't donate, tweet or share on Facebook:

http://comicartcommunity.com/2012/04...cal-condition/
    That's terrible, terrible news.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.