Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Sketchbook-Artezianin

Thanks
    Alright, first off, you have a freakishly solid grasp of tone and form, especially in bulging muscles. Seriously, it's really bloody impressive! That aside, you need to remember that all blokes don't lift cars over their heads and smack down protein shakes like they're going out of fashion - try doing an unclothed, lithe figure sometime soon, like that bikini gal you've got going there, but bring up some of that form skill and you'll be golden my friend!

Another little thing is faces. Now, I'm not sure if that particular look's what you're going for here, but I'd like to see you take a right hot crack at some face studies. If you like, you can look at Gottfried Bammes' book, or some sculptures by Arno Breker. An easy way to look at it is like so - the face is just a framework of horizontal and vertical lines that intersect with each other to form a box-shape with ovoid characteristics. Develop on that idea with the same enthusiasm as these burly blokes here and you'll be on your way to something special!

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    your poses are fluid and interesting!

Thanks

Uooouu

zeichenwut, tnx glad to hear it)
    red123456,thank u)
    raqmo, hey man, ty for advices, will try to follow them, i dont think before about silhouette, eh.
    ATP, hi and tnx for crit,though i dont totally understand about lifting cars and food for bodybilders.. about faces>> i dont know NOTHING about them(((, i probably will start to learn it in a few days (ee bammes is f*cking cool i always use his book)
    Care, tnx, i just want to find my filling style)

Ok, some studs from this day and night

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artezianin View Post
    This sketch ... niiiiiiiiiiiiicccceee!! i LOVE it. It not your best but I like it because that's the kind of guy i am!

WOW... You've just filled up this one page with stuff that has so much effort in it and it is all so amazing!

I know you said you want crit, sorry i'm not the best for that but i can say
    YOUR PROCESS whatever it is, is working very well. keep doing what you are doing and expand as an artist in ways you've seen other artists expand (doing enviros., perspective and eventually later on, color)

Well theres a LOT to go look at on here but I will try to give you any crit I can, mostly obvious stuff, but I am hoping I can help in any way i can because I respect this Sketchbook very much and think it is something to look out for, you as an artist are going to be great!

So mainly your studies are superb and to me, flawless although I'm sure better artists would disagree but not many.
    It seems to me (this is no fact) that you have trouble putting your well done studies into practice, as in .... when you draw from your head, you cannot translate the studies as well as you'd like.
    Importantly: most of this stuff does not seem finished all the way through, and very fast and awesome sketches. even if B&W you know? Your great with small strokes and simple lines getting across a lot of subject, i envy that.

This one
    - I liked this one, only thing i can say is look at shoulders and connection to deltoids muscle. it actually looks correct but just narrow and dropped.

this other sketch
    - Also another one i like a lot, but any crit i can say is just the upper chest and breasts connections and neck to head look off.
    (sorry if i'm not clear, i really just mean to re-examine.)

This sketch - i mean i think you can see here, you know just re-examine the shoulder and chest there. i think you know
    Also this - the man blocking has weird muscles in his chest here, this another critique , obvious though.

this one
    - this came out good if it was imaginative and whatnot. i liked this.

here in this
    - watch the foreshortening on the hand holding sword.

in this sketch - the arm farthest from us is off.

In post 11
    - All the things in pencil seem like you ignored elements you learned otherwise and before hand. its not that bad though at all. i'm just trying to give you critique but is hard since you're SO good.. i mean its all minor details but i think that what you need to improve is your minor details to get EVEN betterrr. but in this post i see THIS SKETCH which could be allied to the pencils before it and it would make them better.
    Also I really love the creatures and designs drawn in the pencil too.
    Your creature-ish and monster designs are Great!!

btw in the same sketch i especially like the one third row down and 3rd from the left... that position is hard to draw.
    -----------------

Anyway man, good fucking job on this amazing sketchbook , more talent in this ONE PAGGGEE than in my entire sb. keep it up.
    I hope i did not discourage you, I'm not a professional or anything remember, and its all minor crit.

Hope to see more soon!
    Last edited by Shahan; June 24th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks
    I see, well there's is time for everything, right? you can take it easy, great job on the updates, very very cool, I'm loving your original characters, keep it up man, I'm enjoying this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpozzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man,
    love the pose of the last sketch, muscles look really good.

I suggest using bigger brushes to get your values down, things will look cleaner.

Keep it up

9. The Following User Says Thank You to liquorbleu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Some shit

liquorbleu Thank u , i know about it but Im to lazy to change size all time)
    Gpozzo Thanks, but u are mush better them me)
    Sporus Ty for crit man)

how to write between pictures

Thanks
    I cannot critique; not only because I don't have the level for it but mostly because I am glad I got in this thread. The full figures from posemaniacs are outstanding and fresh, the designs for monsters and mechas are complex and impresside, landscapes great and grey values give life and volume to everything.

I don't know man. Keep up the good work, you're on the right way.

Thanks

Some shit

perpetualInsomnia )),tnx buddy)

how to write after pictures??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Artezianin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    ahh YER LINE WERK IS WICKED AN IM NO PRO IM JUS SOME GUY THAT LIKES TO SCRIBBLE HOPE WE CAN LEARN TOGETHER BROTHER XDXDXD

Thanks
    the thing about being good at something may vary in matter of subject, for example you are great with anatomy and values, something I'm not that good, see? nice updates man, loving the anatomy studies, as always, those mechs are looking good, keep it up!
    Last edited by Gpozzo; August 19th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks

Textures study >:{>:{>:{>:{

SMILEFACE tnx man lets learn, i think we must do many cool stuff before dying))
    Gpozzo mm.. dont very good understand u but thanks))

Thanks

pencil journey)

I draw from life only few times before so all advances and crit very are welcome

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast