Thanks

Best source for buying Cintiq 24HD?

Does anyone have a recommendation for where I should look at buying a Wacom Cintiq 24HD from?

I am a bit nervous ordering one online due to a host of reasons (some reasons more reasonable than others, haha...), but I'm not sure many local shops will carry these units.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    -I often post from my phone; so please excuse the typos
    Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Good luck!

I have purchased many tablets online with few problems. A lot of these cintiqs are in high demand and low stock in many stores. So if you're that scared. Buy it from the source. https://www.wacom.com/en/Store.aspx

Or you can call their Sales Support team for retailers in the area
    https://www.wacom.com/en/Store/Navig...line-Help.aspx

Thanks
    used? ebay and amazon.
    When ebay, the usual stuff. check for stars, negative feedback, paypal option, safe pay option, return guarantees etc.
    amazon is especially safe when it is 'fulfilled by amazon'. easier to get money back/return if something goes wrong.

Thanks
    so wait your even nervous about buying it directly from wacom? You dodging the FBI or something. worried If you use a credit card will they trace your location?
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    so wait your even nervous about buying it directly from wacom? You dodging the FBI or something. worried If you use a credit card will they trace your location?
    well that's helpful, i'm sure the OP appreciates that. good job

@Syle - here's my experience with Wacom, i bought an intuos4 not a cintiq but as far as customer service it was awesome! you can call them during their alotted business hours and someone should help in at least 10minutes. i got mine not from online i actually got it from a best buy in new jersey usa... so that was cool i got to take it home right away. As far as other sources, ebay and amazon have looked good, check amazon for the reviews they are extremely helpful... i tried newegg once but no dice.
    good luck!

Thanks
    wow people are way to serious on these boards.... Anyway your best bet is buying directly through the supplier. I personally have owned several tablets and now own a tablet pc all of which I purchased off of amazon through individual merchants and never once had an issue.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Yeah the OP has to remember that many places don't have the shelf space or care to decide to plunker down on a nearly $3000 product that isn't really in demand by the general public.

Note: It's in high demand by artists, but not with the general public. This is why online sales tend to happen more.

Times I've seen the Wacom Cintiq out for use is during conventions where Wacom is in attendance. It makes sense since the sales rep can actually be there and knows more about the product vs a lot of shop keepers that have limited space and resources.

Other places are schools that focus on art and digital art.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    wow people are way to serious on these boards.... Anyway your best bet is buying directly through the supplier. I personally have owned several tablets and now own a tablet pc all of which I purchased off of amazon through individual merchants and never once had an issue.
    ...oh.. well i'm sorry man. idk when i got so tight assed, also its funny that someone would call me of all people "too serious" haha, anyway i think we had some post interaction elsewhere, and i never even saw this post! i'm genuinely sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Yeah the OP has to remember that many places don't have the shelf space or care to decide to plunker down on a nearly $3000 product that isn't really in demand by the general public.

Note: It's in high demand by artists, but not with the general public. This is why online sales tend to happen more.

Times I've seen the Wacom Cintiq out for use is during conventions where Wacom is in attendance. It makes sense since the sales rep can actually be there and knows more about the product vs a lot of shop keepers that have limited space and resources.

Other places are schools that focus on art and digital art.
    i'm not sure what areas you're talking about Arshes, and I've had similar expieriences but as of late and i stress im just speaking about my geographic location. places like BestBuy and Walmart or Office Depot (all HUGE American chains) any kind of big store with more stuff than they know what to do with... has like.. 10 intuos tablets, mostly bamboos, somewhere hidden in the store.
    one bestbuy actually had a couple of Large intuos4s(closer to a cintiq) which was surprising...
    this is just my experience on the US East coast.
    Basically what i'm trying to say is that , yeah i once thought the only place you can get intuos stuff was online... come to think of it.. the intuos accessories are REALLY only online, i've never seen the accessories on shelves anywhere.
    but sometimes its nice to get a tablet off the shelve, plussss... the store (like BestBuy) may have a nice plan that is store specific on replacing your tablet within the first 2 weeks should anything go wrong. and since its local it is faster than Wacom (better sometimes) they can swap for one in the store... so yeah.
    of course idk where you live OP so this could all be useless to you.
    a takeaway from this could be to call your local superstore electronic's departments.

Thanks
    Sporus, I'm specifically talking about the Cintiq.

The OP is asking about where the physically buy the Cintiq.

I'm not talking about the other tablets because I mentioned the CintiqHD is nearly three thousand dollars and that's not something many stores would be willing to carry out in public view or touch when demand is more by a specific group of artists and not the general public.

Also to correct another poster, Amazon is pretty safe in general. Guess they never read about the A-Z guarantee by Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...4863808&sr=1-1

Basically if it's fraud or lost you still get your money back.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Arshes i see that now, i was hung up on the intuos and general Wacom products...

heres the Cintiq24HD dealer's websites - http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Whe...HDDealers.aspx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shahan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I bought mine online from Pictureline;

http://www.pictureline.com/computers...n-display.html

They gave me great service, my initial credit card was declined (silly bank security) they phoned up and were very pleasant and I got it sorted out, delivered within the week, I had an issue with it they arranged to have it picked up and shipped another out to me before waiting for the other to be returned, they were much more helpful than Wacom support were. My experience with them was great, and would purchase from them again.