Thanks

Thumbs up i am looking for a private concept art teacher

i am looking for a private concept art teacher with a good portfolio . i dont mean online classes ( over internet ) . i think the class time will be 9 hours each week for maybe 2 or 3 years . i hope i could become good in concept art ( Vehicles - environment - characters and ... ) if possible i also would like to learn story board . please send me a private message if you are interested .
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you don't mean online classes but live, in person teaching, it would help greatly to tell where you live.

Also consider the cost. Nine hours per week for 3 years? Assume that your teacher charges $50 an hour (which isn't even THAT much for a badass professional), that's already $450 per week.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    First off there are better places to post like the jobs or education forum.
    If you know of any bad ass concept artists in your area, maybe send an email and give 'em an offer. Unless you are planning on relocating.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidith View Post
    If you don't mean online classes but live, in person teaching, it would help greatly to tell where you live.

Also consider the cost. Nine hours per week for 3 years? Assume that your teacher charges $50 an hour (which isn't even THAT much for a badass professional), that's already $450 per week.
    Still probably cheaper and more fruitful than attending an AI. But still pretty expensive and dicey. The best artist aren't necessarily the best teachers.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,548 Posts
    The reality is a decent pro isn't likely to have the time nor be interested...maybe at $100/hour+? Who knows. For every hour teaching there are 2-3 times that in prep, research, planning and review. There's a reason schools exist.
    What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeffX99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    What Jeff said. Just get into art school, you'll have all the knowledge you'll ever need by the time you graduate, all else will depend on how you use that knowledge and how much you work at it.
    -We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

My SKETCHbook
    http://jeeso.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    If autism or any associated disorder is the reason for your request, then (depending on the country you live in!) schools might provide you with disability support- that would for example include recorded lectures.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,524 Times in 2,458 Posts
    "For every hour teaching there are 2-3 times that in prep, research, planning and review."

ha thats true. Ramin, join TAD, its wickedcool.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rem92 View Post
    Just get into art school, you'll have all the knowledge you'll ever need by the time you graduate
    What? I'm sorry to disagree with the last part of that sentence, but no. Way no.
    Last edited by PuppyKitten; April 18th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i am looking for someone who teach me in person , its better for me to find a teacher in Netherlander or uk . i dont talk about money in this topic , and i like to talk about it with anyone who is interested in private . i also know a good artist doesn't necessarily need a teacher . TAD is cool but its in United States , i can not go there for some reasons . there is no good art school close to me , also there is no good artist around me and i dont like online classes .
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raminafshari View Post
    there is no good art school close to me , also there is no good artist around me and i dont like online classes .
    Life just sucks sometimes, eh? Good luck...hopefully a kind, retired kick-ass concept artist will move in next door and offer to teach you all the secrets in exchange for food. Keep us posted.

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeffX99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    To be honest you're probably better off doing Art Fundamentals or some course like that for a year or so.
    That way if you ever do plan to go to an art college you have a good foundation (and maybe a kick-ass portfolio for snapping up some scholarships).
    Concept art is really just manipulation of existing knowledge anyway (or at least that's how I think of it).

And Fundamentals are, well.....fundamental....

In any case best of luck with the search.

Thanks
    Read books, google,watch tutorials, be strict on yourself and don't procrastinate, listen to the comments you're given (for free mind you) from people here, and you should be there quickly enough.

You don't have to sleep eight hours every night.

Given the amount information that's available on the web, especially on this site, you are your only enemy.

Join a sketchgroup and keep at it.

And rem92, I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic, but, I wholly disagree.

There's too many inadequate art schools around (only ones worth noting imo are TAD, VFS, VANARTS and ThinkTank, because there you have a gaggle professionals with loads of experience and a no nonesense attitude ). But my experience is that those who excel in these schools are the ones who already have the dedication to go beyond, and spend their time on researching, working and improving.

Which brings me back to, you are your worst enemy. You wont learn dedication in school.
    My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    I'm actually going to back rem92 up on that...but not because I think all art schools will teach you everything you need to learn exactly...though in a sense they can. A shitty art school will teach you you need to go to a better one, or find the resources you need, or work hard on your own. The students who excel in anyschool are the ones motivated and dedicated to learning. Period. Good school...shitty school...doesn't matter. Only a fool would remain in an environment where they can't learn.

You can teach anyone anything if they want to learn it...and you can't teach them a thing if they don't.

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeffX99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Some reason when I see the title. Tina Turner's "Private Dancer" keeps running though my head.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,544 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Some reason when I see the title. Tina Turner's "Private Dancer" keeps running though my head.
    Showing your age there Arshes

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Showing your age there Arshes
    Nevah!

But if he asked for a Part Time teacher, would Stevie Wonder's Part Time Lovers fit the bill?

The thing that bugs me about the OP's request is that people keep stating "go draw from life" That sketchbook is filled with photos. Would I WANT to teach someone who doesn't actually take the initiative to learn? Theoretically speaking?

Also, the OP should realize what people who will hire want. Someone who isn't making excuses about their location and doing what it takes to truly learn.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nobody is saying an art school can't teach you a lot. But it's pretty lazy to assume an art school will teach you everything you EVER need to know. It may give you some of the skills to go out and learn things for yourself. But that's wholly different from teaching one every single thing they will ever need to know.

Edit: Just my opinion based on the experiences I've had with art school (and the experiences the people I know of have had), not trying to be antagonistic, Jeff.
    'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

Thanks
    to be honest its not that i am looking for teacher , the main problem is i just want to move and leave all the problems behind me and take an simple art class in other country . that is all . if i can not find a teacher no big deal . i just hope i could move on , but so many problems with work , parents and money .

Thanks
    No worries Pup - I'm coming at it from a bit of a different angle that often isn't discussed. Sure, there are lots of crap "art schools"...but only fools support them...there's just a lot of fools.

My point is in a bad school the motivated student with drive is going to go elsewhere or self-learn if they must stay...at a "good" school the motivated student with drive will also be the one who excels. Plenty of people are incapable of taking advantage of what a good school can offer.

Bottom line is good school, bad school, no school...it takes motivation and drive. Anyway, just to clarify....annnnnd out.

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 4,574 Posts
    raminafshairi lives in a country that the US dislike, his internet may be monitored and art isn't exactly approved of. Saying that he needs to take note of some of the comments on his SB (including mine) to improve a lot more if he wants to be an artist. This could be done anywhere he decides he to move to.

Update your SB, use what's been posted there. If it's getting that bad, you know what we've talked about before.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyKitten View Post
    What? I'm sorry to disagree with the last part of that sentence, but no. Way no.
    I was talking about the knowledge needed to make good art, assuming you learn the basics and more during art school, you have what you need to make good art and get a job as a concept artist or whatever it is you want. I don't know what did you think i was referring to.

-Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

My SKETCHbook

Thanks
    Black Spot you are specking the truth . i know i must start posting i am drawing even if i only have 4 or 5 hours each week . i hope i could post them soon but the progress is so slow and i cant get to the point i need this slow because i must work and save money if i want to move on .

JeffX99 if i have to make a choice between ( good school, bad school, no school ) then i prefer no school but when ever i could find peace , quiet and time so i could practice .

rem92 even if have to take the basic art class its better to be in a good quiet nice place .

question i have got , to a major of drawing and painting in art school , they call it fundamental art , or its illustration course ? i mean drawing painting + sketch but no sculpting ( all about draw and paint ) what is that major . which schools in Asia are good in this subject ?

thanks

Thanks
    question i have got , to a major of drawing and painting in art school , they call it fundamental art , or its illustration course ? i mean drawing painting + sketch but no sculpting ( all about draw and paint ) what is that major . which schools in Asia are good in this subject ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Thats gonna be either fine arts or illustration major.

"if i have to make a choice between ( good school, bad school, no school ) then i prefer no school but when ever i could find peace , quiet and time so i could practice ."

Wha ??

My SKETCHbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 Times in 588 Posts
    , but so many problems with work , parents and money .
    So how are you going to pay your brilliant teacher if you have money problems and want to work a 9 hour day? for 3 years?

If you really want an art education you'll find one, no excuses. Don't blame everyone else or situations for holding you back:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...69&postcount=1

Thanks
    i thought fine art include sculpting and some other stuff + drawing and painting . are you sure the fine art is the major just for drawing and painting ?

i prefer study art on my own , learn by experiencing and study each and every hour .

Thanks
    Venger you really feel i am blaming everyone ? then if that's what you feel i must say i am sorry . OK i will read that page sounds interesting . thank you .

Thanks
    i am looking for someone who teach me in person , its better for me to find a teacher in Netherlander or uk . i dont talk about money in this topic , and i like to talk about it with anyone who is interested in private . i also know a good artist doesn't necessarily need a teacher . TAD is cool but its in United States , i can not go there for some reasons . there is no good art school close to me , also there is no good artist around me and i dont like online classes .
    When you say you don't like online classes, um, have you tried any of the ones that TAD offers or is this an unfounded preconception? TAD offers single classes you can take if you wanted to try it out. They are taught live, not pre-recorded and it's a surprisingly personal learning experience.

I'm in the TAD program right now and it is really everything that you could ask for. We have students in my classes from the UK, Australia, Russia, Malaysia and Paraguay. You absolutely do NOT need to be in the United States to participate. The program covers foundational skills like drawing and painting, composition and color but more importantly it teaches you how to look at things and see them as an artist, then re-interpret them and present them visually. It's better than any instruction I got in art programs I've taken and graduated from previously. You can then concentrate in several areas like concept art, illustration, etc. It's equivalent to a program like Art Center or the Feng Zhu school but nowhere near as expensive.

It sounds like you have things you're trying to get away from, but I'm not sure that traveling to an expensive school is going to solve them for you, especially if you have financial issues. I'd really think seriously about the TAD program and talk to some of the other current students. I think it could be a good fit for you.

Thanks
    gntlemanartist thanks for your guidance , its is helpful i will think about what you said .

Thanks
    Thanked 11,434 Times in 2,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyKitten View Post
    If its TAD you will. Assuming you put in the time. The only ones who won't do well out of TAD didn't put the necessary time in to succeed. Half my entertainment students were working professionally by third semester.

Jason

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post: