Keeping that in mind, you can ponder some scenarios of your own on the possibility of the Earth possessing a 'womb' of sorts, such as...
- What if planets could recreate or reproduce? What has been generated from this specific space on our planet?
- Is there a place on Earth where the landscape resembles the womb of a female entity or contains the very aura of creation?
- Is this something of celestial origin? A place of ash and dust and swirling matter. A place where magical things froth about in a scientific soup.
- A moment from Earth's "childhood" or mature development stage, the coming out.
- Literally a womb for a species of creatures.
Whatever your approach is, my guidelines are that be it abstract, traditional or supernatural, your environment should encompass the topic in an aesthetic, understandable way. I think that's of enough of a brief for me this week.
so the idea is that this a magical place near a cemetry where dead people are reborn through a magical ritual, the souls go through smokey channels through the magic stone and reborn in some creatures (have to think about this more), maybe this could be the story for a b-movie
The womb is actually not containing any plants so far but the veins/roots of the vegetation uses the fluids from the 'womb'. So everywhere around the rocky environment where these things arise the plants will start to grow.
developed my first thumbnail: put in a ship, he's shopping for planet embryos
Under the surface my heart dies
Within those roots my mind lies
Endlessly meandering in this shoal tomb
longing to be born again,
in Earth's moist womb
"There, in that hellish earthen womb, a nightmare's brood slumbered fitfully."
Spiral soup of creation thingie.
Vote for your favorite entries!
Last edited by Vulgar`; April 17th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
Ahh, sorry about that. For me it's a mixed bag - sometimes competitors forget the word 'Final' in their final posts, other times it's a really complete looking WIP and I hijack their wishes. I could be in the wrong, but they usually end up getting votes/feedback regardless in a positive manner. If you'd like I can make the guidelines more stringent to prevent further confusion on my part but I personally think the system goes fairly smoothly as is.
Edit: There were a bunch of WIP's I put into the poll this week...
No problem Vulgar`, and no need to change anything either! in the doubt is a nice idea to count people in just in case. And believe it or not i learned a lot by entering here and then following the suggestions.