E.O.W Round #186: Earth's Womb
TOPIC = Earth's Womb
suggested by albino-Z
This is an open topic.
Keeping that in mind, you can ponder some scenarios of your own on the possibility of the Earth possessing a 'womb' of sorts, such as...
- What if planets could recreate or reproduce? What has been generated from this specific space on our planet?
- Is there a place on Earth where the landscape resembles the womb of a female entity or contains the very aura of creation?
- Is this something of celestial origin? A place of ash and dust and swirling matter. A place where magical things froth about in a scientific soup.
- A moment from Earth's "childhood" or mature development stage, the coming out.
- Literally a womb for a species of creatures.
Whatever your approach is, my guidelines are that be it abstract, traditional or supernatural, your environment should encompass the topic in an aesthetic, understandable way. I think that's of enough of a brief for me this week.
so the idea is that this a magical place near a cemetry where dead people are reborn through a magical ritual, the souls go through smokey channels through the magic stone and reborn in some creatures (have to think about this more), maybe this could be the story for a b-movie
The womb is actually not containing any plants so far but the veins/roots of the vegetation uses the fluids from the 'womb'. So everywhere around the rocky environment where these things arise the plants will start to grow.
developed my first thumbnail: put in a ship, he's shopping for planet embryos
Under the surface my heart dies
Within those roots my mind lies
Endlessly meandering in this shoal tomb
longing to be born again,
in Earth's moist womb
"There, in that hellish earthen womb, a nightmare's brood slumbered fitfully."
Spiral soup of creation thingie.
Vote for your favorite entries!