Art: This is my portfolio, Id like a review please
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: This is my portfolio, Id like a review please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is my portfolio, Id like a review please

hi these are my drawings in my portfolio and I was wondering if anyone could review them for me.

Attached Images Attached Images                            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Welcome, Ramone!

Before anyone can really say anything about your portfolio, I'm sure people here would like to know what you want to use it for.

So, do you want to apply to an art school? Do you want to use it to find work? Or is this just a hobby for you?

There a some nice drawings here!

In my opinion you could improve by working on learning how light works to create form. Because you don't seem to have a perfect understanding of values and edges yet, some of your images seem a bit flat (e.g. the one with the bottle). You can greatly profit from these basic principles when studying from photo reference as well, because you'll be able to realistically make up any details that might be lost in a photo, which are quite many, most of the time. That way you won't be as bound to your reference. And of course it's just as beneficial for working from life or from your imagination!

Here is a pretty basic tutorial by Daarken on rendering a ball: klick

There are a few more on that site, and many, many more out there. (It doesn't really matter what kind of medium you're working in, the basic principles remain the same.)

By the way, I really like that last picture you posted!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by yzeal; April 18th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yzeal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well I'm a senior in high school and I am applying to both SVA (school of the visual arts) and massart (Massachusetts college of art and design ). I wanted to know if there was anything to do improve my portfolio so that I could stand a better chance of getting accepted ( I am really relying heavily on my portfolio for acceptance, much more so than grades or my SAT score). Any advice or constructive criticism of any kind would be very appreciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.