Thanks

Thumbs up Concept art Workshop Sydney 2012 - Kekai Kotaki, Robin Eley + others

Woo Lounge post, I'm a horrible CA member (Sorry Biglu + Slug45 )

Anyway, the first decent Concept art workshop to hit this region since Miramar (Which I never had the pleasure of going to) is here now in Sydney. Sure, there were two before this (Adelaide last year and Melbourne earlier this year) but Adelaide was the first round, was a lot more expensive and would have cost at least 2.2k to attend + food + Accommodation, etc. But for this round, the lineup is immensely better, they've had two workshops to learn how to organize these events and.. well Christ, Kekai Kotaki. You know, the blue fellow with the horns up there on that Mortal Kombat roster of artists.. 3rd row, 10th column. That guy.

Anyway, according to the Tickets page, if we can get at least five of us to agree to a group booking and make the booking before June 15, we can bump the price down to about $888 (per person) for the six day intensive, then our wallets can stay nice and obese just the way we like them. And by intensive I mean 9.00 am - 6.45 PM on weekdays and 9.00 - 5 on the Saturday oil painting/Zbrush workshops. That's 15.64 an hour to be taught concept design for games and film by some of the most experienced concept artists you're likely to find in this country and the most blow-your-fucking-mind realist oil painter I've ever seen.

So if you're interested in creating a booking group and making it marginally cheaper, send me an email to jjbeeston at G (word up) mail dot com - you can never be too careful with spammers. I've already got one guy who's willing to pitch in so that means we need at least three people, but more would be ideal.

Here's a pretty picture for aesthetics and brevity.

Attachment 1462429
    Last edited by Beeston; April 17th, 2012 at 07:27 AM.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member