Sketchbook: Charlie's sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Charlie's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Charlie's sketchbook

So today I have finally started to do this, since I want some crits on my drawing! I don't draw overly well, but I have been drawing seriously for about 4 months I think, maybe 5 or 6. But I just figured out how to work my scanner! So I'll occasionally post as much as I've done, obviously the ideal would be everyday but that's unrealistic. Today I decided I might wanna try doing some concept art, instead of my usual studies. Here are some drawings! Some studies are from Bridgman's book, and others from imagination

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Day 2 on the forum

Neck muscle studies and some jaws, all thanks to Bridgman. And I'm gonna look at some reference stuff see if I actually learned anything haha I'll add those in a bit

Last edited by chartwin; April 15th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey chartwin, welcome to ca =)
    As i can see, you already started with one of the most important things: anatomy studies.
    keep on drawing bodies over and over again!
    do you know posemaniacs.com? its an amazing page for studying gestures.

i'm looking forward to your next posts~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finished my sketchbook!

So today I drew in the last page of my first sketchbook! It's been a long time since I bought the thing, but I've really done about 75% of it since november of last year, and its about pages that means! It's very sad... But I'll show you the last drawing in it, and maybe the first couple tomorrow, but its late. I had no rhythm, no rhyme, and no idea what I was doing or how to practice haha

Lux, thanks! And yes I've heard of and use posemaniacs, its gold I also use SenshiStock's photos from deviantart which I highly recommend!

Anyway here's what I did today, I focused on the chest and upper body from the front view, tomorrow hopefully will be the side view and after that the back.

Last edited by chartwin; April 16th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Eww..

Today was just a weird day for my drawings, and I didnt draw dark enough to be seen clearly by my scanner so I'm sorry for the shitty images :/ other than that, did some stuff of upper body from a side view, got my bearings for the ribcage and some muscles. And for the first time! I have a sketchbook I only draw at school, and you'll know the pic from it haha so interesting day, wish I had more figures drawn I did start focusing more on drawing from arm, so im only slightly pleased with today :/ oh and old drawings too which include the bird, the posemaniacs figures, and the tunnel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a while eh! Well I haven't stopped, just gotten lazy with the scanning i guess... Well for Christmas I got a Wacom Intuos5 Touch tablet! Oh man is it great. I haven't stopped using it for a minute. Here's just some stuff I've done, as im getting used to it. Also for christmas I got Rembrandt Pastels, which I haven't tried yet because theyre at my dads house. But I've heard great things! I wont be able to post much that I do with them though... I dont have fixative at the moment and I heard it can be messy scanning without it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not too good today, I'm posting gesture drawings which I'm not happy with at all, but I'll post them anyway. They were 30 second drawings, all of them. I also did the shapes again but with a better brush, I'm pretty happy with the result. I'll do another in a few days, for now I'm just experimenting with color and sketchbook designer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick Update: I did a sorta still life excerpt of a Santa Doll my mom owns, he's got all this yellowy texture I wanted to capture... I tried the best that I could though, maybe I should've made it a bit sharper. I cant wait to get better at painting. Also, just did a figure drawing "class" from this figure drawing website, pretty fun. It was ten 30 second poses, four 1 minute poses, two 5 minute, one 11 minute, and a 30 minute to finish. I'll be doing more of these!

Last edited by chartwin; December 30th, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I wanted to post badly but the forum was down the past 2 days... I've been doing some good drawing! I'm pretty proud of the windmills painting i did, even though its not perfect. Also, my figures are getting easier to draw. Speaking of which! I've been trying to draw more from imagination, and it's not easy. I haven't drawn from imagination for the past 2 years! It's ridiculous, but I'm fixing that bad habit.

I'm practicing drawing the bean shaped body whenever I draw from imagination until I can get better at anatomy and know how to draw things from nothing. I'm also trying to block in the shapes with cubes and other 3d objects. So far it has not been easy, but that's why I'm doing it!

No pictures of that, its all in my physical sketchbook. I'll consider scanning it... But it's a really tall sketchbook so that might be a problem.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick update with more figure sketches. Also, I'm getting deeper into this book, the artist's complete guide to drawing the head, and it's fantastic! I have to keep reading, get more!

Members who have read this thread: 1