View Poll Results: Who is the greatest Hunter of the North?
- 122. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 13 of 32
April 14th, 2012 #1
ChoW#284 :: CLOSED :: Northern Hunter (WINNER: Trolljack)Character of the Week #284
Design a hunter character from the frozen North of a fantasy world
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 15th APRIL 8PM GMT+1 (9PM British Summer Time)
Check your timezone!
Post your final images in this thread. Remember, any comments posted BEFORE the poll is posted will be removed without any sort of warning.
CHECK YOUR TIMEZONE
CHECK YOUR FILENAME
MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGE ADHERES TO THE BRIEF
- Can be any gender
- Must be fantasy
- Must be dressed appropriately for their job and to survive the conditions.
- Will use weapons they can easily fix/create ammo for (Guns are allowed, but think about how they might make more bullets)
- They have to fight off other predators as well as taking down their prey so it is likely that they will carry scars and battle wounds.
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#284_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow284final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; April 23rd, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
April 14th, 2012 #2
Here's my Northern Hunter. Posting up now as I may not be around tomorrow.
Loved designing this character, I hope some of it shows in this final piece.
Great entries all around, I look forward to giving out my votes^_^ Good luck all! Here's to a brilliant topic
(P.S Eofn, is my character sheet acceptable? Wasn't sure if not having a back shot would be a problem. If it is I'll rummage something up sharpish).
Portfolio ~ www.jackhammerart.com ~
April 15th, 2012 #3
A lil' bit Scottish
April 15th, 2012 #4
The Following User Says Thank You to JSpayde For This Useful Post:
April 15th, 2012 #5
The Following User Says Thank You to Yajmon For This Useful Post:
April 15th, 2012 #6
The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:
April 15th, 2012 #7
This was a fun one. My thought was these hunters are so adapted to the cold, they can wait hours, and even days for the perfect shot. tried to capture this in my illustration.
April 15th, 2012 #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Thanked 79 Times in 61 Posts
It was a fun project
April 15th, 2012 #9
April 15th, 2012 #10
Phew, I'm done, this was really challenging and fun. Thanks a lot for pushing me out of my comfort zone!
My hunter wears lots of layers of furry clothes to keep him warm. The wolf whose skin he's wearing as a cape / hood was his first real kill in a ritual to pass into adulthood, and the same animal gave him a couple of scars in the face and made him lose one of his eyes.
Nevertheless he's still an exceptional archer who can take down most prey with a single shot.
April 15th, 2012 #11
Here is my entry, sry for the lack of wips worked mostly on one layer and forgot i have to show more wips, some of the progress is available on my stream if anyone is interested
Good Job and good luck to everyone
April 15th, 2012 #12
The Following User Says Thank You to marko markovic For This Useful Post:
April 15th, 2012 #13
Here's my entry. Finished, yay!
Hope I have done everything right and not forgotten anything crucial.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luayne For This Useful Post: