Art: Feedback Portfolio

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Feedback Portfolio

Hello everyone, I hope all you guys are doing great. Guys I'm basically using this thread to get a feedback review of my actual portfolio, and see what you guys think about it. I will like to join the TAD school by this summer, but as a person who lives out in of the States I can't afford the payments and full tuition for the school. So I found TAD offering full scholarships for their program Entertainment Design 2D!!!...So I'm hoping with a right portfolio, tons of work and little bit of luck I might able to get the scholarships, and keep growing as a artist and person.

Portfolio:

http://andremartinezdesign.com/inicio.php

Haven said that, what you guys think about my portfolio? Do you think is good enough to get a full tuition scholarship at TAD's? If not, what are the things I would need to get better at, and any other feedback that would help I highly appreciate it!!!

I apologize in advance for any grammar mistakes and also this is my first thread in the Concept Art - Org.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Andre Martinez

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you have some great potential but also some major issues. TAD or not it's not something that you couldn't work on in barely a year with hints and tips from professionals. I'm talking about perspective sketching, camera angles, color palette choices and anatomy (but this last one have more to do with perspective than proportions).

Anyway i can't know if you have some chances but i know that you can become really good if you keep working hard.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hitsu / San...Thx a lot from the input, really helpful and as you said, I have issues in perspective and color palette and anatomy. Hopefully I can review all those feedback's and learned from it, but the thing is. When you study in your own and has not guidance, even thought you still learning, you also hit to a wall of mistakes you might run into getting habits that would later on be difficult to change. This is where I realize, I need a formal education to get better at. Anyways thx a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just looked over your website. You are doing youself a Huge disservice by not picking your best work to be presented FIRST. I found some very good stuff, but I had to dig for it. Your best work is your concept sheets with all of the trees, rock, and stuff. The vehicular design is cool too but they are all too simular.

It looks almost like two different people's work here because you have progressed beyond the level of some of the work here. There are a couple things you do still that I think are holding you back.
    1. Your finished paintings are all a little too blurry, like you're using a soft brush for everything.
    2. Your center of intrest isn't clear. It is hard to distinguish the different planes in your paintings... background, centerground, or foreground. You need to Pick ONE and use the others to point to it.
    3. Your use of color is almost right, but it need to be more sublime. Vary the hues around shapes. It's not just darker in a shadow it also shifts hues -- Same for highlights.

That said. I really do like your work and I wish you luck applying to TAD!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shorinji_Knight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Shorinji_Knight

Shorinji_Knight...Thank you so much for the awesome feedback, I really appreciate the words and the time for spent. I would make sure to adjust those 3 main principals you mentioned and make a better presentation. The Concepts you mentioned, they were some of the many I did for a big company I used to worked before, but to be honest I wont use them at all, I don't think is something I really like, is a design specifically done by the Company needs. Anyways I think I need to redesign a lot of stuff here and create new things as well ...Thx a bunch again and I'll cya around.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Martinez For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1