Sketchbook: A long, long road ahead

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A long, long road ahead

Well 15 years old here and hoping to be somewhere in the 3d industry, but I know I have to work on the fundamentals, and eventually I want to work on my own concepts. I'm not that great of modeler either so hoping that learning drawing will reflect on my 3d work. These works are from at least 3 weeks the loomis works are from 2 days total.Never really drew before that; except an art class in middle school. Really hope this sketch book encourages me to draw. Looking for criticism which I probably won't get till later because my works are still amateur. Have more life drawings but there scattered in notes and of scrap paper. I'll try to post everyday with at least 1-2 hours practice. Your're going to have to deal with crappy camera photos because the scanner in my house broke, so sorry about that.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really think it's important to show your artwork and get some feedback, like you are doing right now. So I really encourage you to continue doing that! I see that you're reading Figure drawing for all it's worth, which could be a good start. The drawback is that it doesn't have any observational practice based on real life. I had The book "Drawing on the right side of the brain" recommended to me not long ago and I would do the same to you. The author goes through the important basics needed to make a solid drawing and provides exercises as well. It has helped me to reacquaint myself with the basics and I believe it would help you as well.

And in the end, even if you decide that you really want to make works in 3d, a solid understanding of drawing in 2d will really help you out. I've seen a complete beginner in Maya create astounding works in Maya just a few weeks in, only based on his extensive experience of drawing and painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's awesome to see you starting to practice the fundamentals so early. I'm only seventeen but I still really wish I had started taking art seriously when I was fifteen. Keep it up!

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

Members who have read this thread: 1