Art: Rocker in city

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Rocker in city

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Rocker in city

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The main issue is perspective, it is completely wrong. Try to make a grid and work over it, it will help you a lot. Also it's pretty loose, i know that might seem you enough cause you spent so much time on it but it isn't an with practice you will reduce your time of execution giving you more time for adding details over details.

Wanted to know something in particular?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To add to hitsu-san, look into atmospheric perspective.

The image also needs a middle ground in it. What your using for the foreground is so tight to the edge of the image that it acts more as a frame and not a foreground element. The middle ground will also help ground the city by adding some sort of scale.

The light source needs to be fixed too, the highlights on the building don't match up with where the shadows are being cast in the image.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're right Tomahawkmonkey (can i call you Tom? XD) but i think this kind of things can be overwhelming for starters. Our brain can only think one thing at time, Philip should be able to look at his mistakes only one thing at time until he learn that thing.

I'm not arguing with Tom, i'm saying this to you Philip. Focus on one thing at time and get it done, then look and try to understand another suggestion and go on like this. If you try to apply everything in your next image i'm sure you'll have a bad time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you guys.
    I use grid but it didn't help a lot. I will try do better next time.
    For middle ground I didn't know how to do it and what to put in. Maybe if I did put few stones and roads in it...

For highlights do you have some tutorials? And how to be better in perspective?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu//San View Post
    You're right Tomahawkmonkey (can i call you Tom? XD) but i think this kind of things can be overwhelming for starters. Our brain can only think one thing at time, Philip should be able to look at his mistakes only one thing at time until he learn that thing.

I'm not arguing with Tom, i'm saying this to you Philip. Focus on one thing at time and get it done, then look and try to understand another suggestion and go on like this. If you try to apply everything in your next image i'm sure you'll have a bad time.
    Oh no worries at all, your points are completely valid. I did put it a lot of info, and a lot of things to think about. I think it was too late at night and i was half asleep when I was critiquing haha so I didnt even think about that though I should have.

And yes you can call me Tom, that's actually my name hahaha. Hence Tomahawk Monkey booya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip-CRO View Post
    Thank you guys.
    I use grid but it didn't help a lot. I will try do better next time.
    For middle ground I didn't know how to do it and what to put in. Maybe if I did put few stones and roads in it...

For highlights do you have some tutorials? And how to be better in perspective?
    Hmm, if the grid didn't help you, it means you didn't set it up correctly. But yes, for the middle ground it doesn't have to have any subject matter if you don't want it too. Rocks and boulders and even roads leading into the city would make it up. Essentially you just don't want to leave it all blank.

Check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felys...e_gdata_player

A book that is pretty awesome and has a pretty good perspective tutorials and information is the "how to draw comics the marvel way"

Don't worry, perspective can take some time toledo learn and understand so don't get discouraged if you're having a hard time. Keep posting your work here and we'll help you out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Composition wise, I feel like the spaceships top right are creating too much friction - the story reads like there is a rocket launching upwards, and a jet on some suicide mission to crash into it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry about the long delay in response, i'm working on some hard stuff in those days and i'm pretty wasted so i miss out things like this thread ^^. Anyway back to the point: middleground is the main focus of your image, the subject. Middleground is ALWAYS the subject, there are no exception to this. Foreground generally are those things too close to the camere to be in focus, generally you'll draw those things with little details or totally blurry, depends on the effect you want do give. However background can be pretty much wathever are close, back or in front of the subject, and can fade in with foreground.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.