Character of the Week #284
Design a hunter character from the frozen North of a fantasy world
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 15th APRIL 9PM GMT
Check your timezone!
In the warmer, southern lands, hunting is a sport of kings, where long summer afternoon can be leisurely spent drinking and riding, whilst tracking a fatted boar, or specially bred deer and the only danger is falling from the horse in a drunken stupor. However hunting practices for the Northern lands couldn't be more different. The Great North is a cold and treacherous place where even nature itself is a ruthless killer. Hunting is a task performed by only the most skilled and fearless, one who has perfected their art and memorised the landscape. Northern Hunters train so that any arrow they fire, or spear they throw will hit their mark, not just wounding their target but killing it in a single shot. A missed shot could mean no food for days. This skill makes them the best marksmen bar none, surpassing all others. They are silent and swift, almost assassin-like. They are so well adapted, they can move through their surroundings completely un-noticed, using pelts and scents that allow them to blend is as well as survive the bitter cold.
Your task is to design one of these great hunters. They must be able to move quickly to keep up with prey and away from predators. They must also be able to survive in freezing conditions and repair their armour and weapons with whatever they can find in the wilderness
This is a fantasy world, and although magic exists, it is rare and barely used by anyone in the Great North. At most, they might be able to start a fire, or see through the eyes of their prey/other predators, however these skills would be very limited...
- Can be any gender
- Must be fantasy
- Must be dressed appropriately for their job and to survive the conditions.
- Will use weapons they can easily fix/create ammo for (Guns are allowed, but think about how they might make more bullets)
- They have to fight off other predators as well as taking down their prey so it is likely that they will carry scars and battle wounds.
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#284_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow284final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!