Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 214
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarbingerofIllrepute View Post

    Thanks ya Braineater! I may has stolen your chocolate, but you have stolen my brain!
    your brain is much tastier than every chocolate :>


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to braineater For This Useful Post:


  4. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,976
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 653 Times in 575 Posts
    Great experiments, that linework of that dragon is really good. And you are a teenager OH MY GOSH 0_0

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:


  6. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushy View Post
    Great experiments, that linework of that dragon is really good. And you are a teenager OH MY GOSH 0_0
    @Sushy I guess you could still consider me a teeny bopper -.^
    @Braineater Om nom nom nom!

    Now if you'll excuse me, ladies... I've got a swashbuckling adventure awaiting me!
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:08 AM.

  7. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 56 Times in 55 Posts
    I love how this is developing!! Really different, yet still very interresting style
    Keep going!!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Prototypt' For This Useful Post:


  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yugoslavia
    Posts
    4,642
    Thanks
    2,386
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,530 Posts

    Your Den entrance was pretty much narrow,
    I was struggling real hard to enter, but now I am
    through, I can tell you that it was worth the effort,
    You have something promising in here, you just keep
    up with a pleasureful and joyful love sharing,
    give us some more drawings and paintings.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post

    Your Den entrance was pretty much narrow,
    I was struggling real hard to enter, but now I am
    through, I can tell you that it was worth the effort,
    You have something promising in here, you just keep
    up with a pleasureful and joyful love sharing,
    give us some more drawings and paintings.
    I would expect nothing less of Lt. Snake Plissken to brave the fortified walls of my domain. It was my assumption that my hired mercenaries would prove far inferior in the face of your tactics.
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to HarbingerofIllRepute For This Useful Post:


  13. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
    Hey you! why haven't I been seeing any new work comin' from you? what's going on man? The creature you did for the teen challenge turned out sweet, nice subtleties going on there but you definitely need more lighter values! its way too dark. same for post #15. keep working!
    Sketchbook:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240697

    Deviant Art:
    http://n0n7.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4wzz0t

    Blog:
    http://ddurante.blogspot.com/

    Video Portfolio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-VqUMybNTs

    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/images0segami/
    "I am obsessed with the process of creation"-Zdzislaw Beksinski

    "Art is never finished, only abandoned"-Leonardo da Vinci

    "Fear is the mind-killer"-Frank Herbert

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to N0N For This Useful Post:


  15. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N0N View Post
    Hey you! why haven't I been seeing any new work comin' from you? what's going on man? The creature you did for the teen challenge turned out sweet, nice subtleties going on there but you definitely need more lighter values! its way too dark. same for post #15. keep working!
    Meh, I've really been slacking. I'm at sort of a crossroads in life where I am not quite certain of my path. Usually in these phases I tend to bounce back and increase my abilities tenfold. However this time, my enthusiasm is kind of dead. I'll post more but I don't know man...

    Oh and that Teen Challenge, that was fun... it was too bad that I never went into the finals, might have won. I was so not prepared! xD

    For now, I am just going to surround myself with art as much as possible and hope for the best.
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.

  16. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
    I know what you mean, I've had phases like that where I feel like putting down the pencil for good. surrounding yourself with art is a good idea and maybe engaging yourself in another creative hobby like if you play an instrument, even if you make music with something like fruity loops that's fine haha I've made some funny/weird crap in the past. Or maybe research some sort of culture you find particularly interesting. I guess I'm just suggesting you plug yourself into a different outlet for a while but one that is not too far away from what has inspired your artwork in the past. If you haven't already seen it Android Jones has awesome youtube videos where you get to see his whole process of a painting, and he uses some pretty interesting techniques that you may want to test out, such as using the selection tool. Don't give up ma' friend!
    Sketchbook:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240697

    Deviant Art:
    http://n0n7.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4wzz0t

    Blog:
    http://ddurante.blogspot.com/

    Video Portfolio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-VqUMybNTs

    Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/images0segami/
    "I am obsessed with the process of creation"-Zdzislaw Beksinski

    "Art is never finished, only abandoned"-Leonardo da Vinci

    "Fear is the mind-killer"-Frank Herbert

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to N0N For This Useful Post:


  18. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N0N View Post
    I know what you mean, I've had phases like that where I feel like putting down the pencil for good. surrounding yourself with art is a good idea and maybe engaging yourself in another creative hobby like if you play an instrument, even if you make music with something like fruity loops that's fine haha I've made some funny/weird crap in the past. Or maybe research some sort of culture you find particularly interesting. I guess I'm just suggesting you plug yourself into a different outlet for a while but one that is not too far away from what has inspired your artwork in the past. If you haven't already seen it Android Jones has awesome youtube videos where you get to see his whole process of a painting, and he uses some pretty interesting techniques that you may want to test out, such as using the selection tool. Don't give up ma' friend!
    Oh, I won't... The fun is just getting started. I just downloaded 2 gigs of ImagineFX Workshops... I am going to be a busy bee. Don't ask me where I got them. *SHHHHH!*
    <.<
    >.>
    And yeah, Android's videos always inspire. Makes my finger twitch.
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:10 AM.

  19. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    You know who hasn't sketched in a FULL freakin' month?
    Attachment 1534136
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.

  20. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Jalapeno. That is all.
    Attachment 1534137
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.

  21. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,976
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 653 Times in 575 Posts
    wooah
    2000x2000 of dark stufff

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:


  23. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    SDFJKLSDKFGKJSDF
    NOOO!!
    MY SKIN D:

    (great to see you doing some nice updates again )

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to braineater For This Useful Post:


  25. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    @Sushy Yus! And I do it shamelessly! On that note, I should probably stop doing it.. Thanks for stopping by Miss Sushy!
    @Braineater Narm narm narm narm! (thanks ya! there will be more soon... that picture even gives me the heebee geebees tbh.)
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:12 AM.

  26. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Another late night with nothing to do... : /
    Attachment 1534138
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:12 AM.

  27. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    About 30 minutes into this piece, don't really know where to go from here... Probably gonna abandon it :/
    Attachment 1534131
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:13 AM.

  28. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Gonna try for teen challenge again, this should be very interesting.
    Attachment 1534401
    *Update*Making slow progress, I am going to play around with the composition a bit more and see if I can't get these buildings to work a bit better... The scrotum was kind of a coloring test... you know, just to see if I could... and I can. This is going to be fun!
    Attachment 1535010
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:13 AM.

  29. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Crowthorne
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Yay he's back! new stuffs looking sweet, and pretty creepy :/ I think this sketchbook might give me nightmares... oh well, good scary things. and nice scrotum. never thought i would say that.
    Keep posting man, and thanks for popping by my sb as well
    Check out my thread if you get a chance
    Sketckbook
    DeviantART
    Cheers, Dan

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to DanBK For This Useful Post:


  31. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Thanks Dan, and thanks for complimenting my scrotum... You don't really get enough of that in the happy hole... /frowns slightly

    For shits and giggles, rogue WIP ( more or less of a quick sketch at this point :/).
    Attachment 1535500
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:14 AM.

  32. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 94 Times in 92 Posts
    My GOODNESS man! Get a hold of yourself! These are quite the images. I like the way how your characters emerge out of the darkness. Riveting!
    Do a lot of work and your work will be as good as your ambitions.
    Eternal Sketchbook

    Tensai --- A La Bapsi --- Psychobuddy --- Wingal--- Lakai

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternal Apprentice For This Useful Post:


  34. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Apprentice View Post
    My GOODNESS man! Get a hold of yourself! These are quite the images. I like the way how your characters emerge out of the darkness. Riveting!
    I'm gonna be honest... it's totally out of laziness! Almost none of my images go past the sketching phase. The darkness is pretty much a crutch.
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 05:14 AM.

  35. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Testing some colors before I go back to more subtle details like studs, wrinkles... perhaps scales? I dunno, the whole process is tedious and foreign to me but i'll get there, I always seem to make pretty lucky mistakes when I don't know what the hell I am doing. You know... we'll see if this works, nothing is really determined as of this point.
    Attachment 1535822

  36. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 94 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarbingerofIllRepute View Post


    I'm gonna be honest... it's totally out of laziness! Almost none of my images go past the sketching phase. The darkness is pretty much a crutch.
    Dang it! Well the tried and true way of beating a crutch is facing it. Like me drawing heads. I know that SOMEDAY *looks towards the heavens intently* I will be able to draw a decent face out of my head. So i push on anyway... and I draw countless crappy heads...
    Do a lot of work and your work will be as good as your ambitions.
    Eternal Sketchbook

    Tensai --- A La Bapsi --- Psychobuddy --- Wingal--- Lakai

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternal Apprentice For This Useful Post:


  38. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Apprentice View Post
    Dang it! Well the tried and true way of beating a crutch is facing it. Like me drawing heads. I know that SOMEDAY *looks towards the heavens intently* I will be able to draw a decent face out of my head. So i push on anyway... and I draw countless crappy heads...
    That's what this teen challenge is about for me, it's time I started playing with more light! -.^

    MONTAGE TIME!

  39. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    Hey, Harbinger
    soooo many good updates, don't know where to look at
    anywayz, i love this guy and the light effects on your latest works. keep going

    The Pit of Trials

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to braineater For This Useful Post:


  41. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braineater View Post
    Hey, Harbinger
    soooo many good updates, don't know where to look at
    anywayz, i love this guy and the light effects on your latest works. keep going

    The Pit of Trials
    *GASP!* I WANT TO SNUGGLE THAT KITTY! >.<
    Thanks for the encouragement :3 and... sorry that you had to see so much nutsack in one sitting... That can't be healthy for anyone! xD
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 8th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

  42. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amerstburg, Ontario
    Posts
    1,070
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 429 Times in 415 Posts
    Hey man, cool stuff...I mean twisted, but cool. You know how to use light to get things to pop. Keep it up dude!

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychobuddy For This Useful Post:


  44. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'MERICA!
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 257 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychobuddy View Post
    Hey man, cool stuff...I mean twisted, but cool. You know how to use light to get things to pop. Keep it up dude!
    Haha, yeah I guess I am pretty messed up. As for the lighting, I love using orange and blue at any given opportunity! If you look at almost every action movie poster ever, they use orange and blue! It's amazing what certain contrasts can do to enhance the depth of an image.

  45. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,976
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 653 Times in 575 Posts
    dat scrotum 0_0
    So much mad stuff maaaan xD

  46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SketchBook: Shrine of Failure
    By Barilzar in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
  2. SketchBook: Passionate Failure
    By Bizzaro_Freak in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
  3. Fear of failure
    By Nateman742 in forum Art Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 20th, 2010, 05:03 AM

Members who have read this thread: 31

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast