LCAD? Building Application Porfolio?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: LCAD? Building Application Porfolio?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

LCAD? Building Application Porfolio?

Hey there art peeps! I am planing on transferring to Laguna College of Art and Design for the next spring semester and I have to submit my application portfolio over the summer. I was wondering if there is anyone here who has been accepted that could answer a few questions. (Or if you have not been accepted to LCAD but you can still help that's great too!)

Is it ok to submit gestures and thumbnails? I have some gestures I would like to submit with some completed figure drawing but I did not know if that would be ok. Just like I have thumbnails for a concept piece I have done and I was wondering if it would be good to put all of them on a page to show the process.

They say to have a min of 12 and a max of 15 pieces. What's a good number? I don't want to over do it with 15 but I don't want them to think I don't have a lot of art to show either...

And if there is anyone here who knows info on LCAD or is attending and you would like to share info with me, please do!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Show only your best work. If you actually have fifteen pieces that are of the very best you can do, go for it, but most people, of any ability, don't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok cool thanks! I have been going to community college taking nothing but art classes the past year and a half so for me it's figuring out how many I should submit and which ones are my best :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you're in the area, you can make an appointment to speak with someone about your portfolio and they can help you with which will help your portfolio and which you would be safe with leaving out. Thats what I did and it worked out pretty well. If youre not in the area, haha well then sorry, this was a pretty pointless post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't attend LCAD but I was in the process of applying. Gestures are acceptable--just compile your best ones into one document. Contrary to Paper.Trains's post, once you submit an application (which is free), you'll be in contact with an admissions counselor and you can actually send him/her what you intend to put in your portfolio and they'll give you feedback! I'm definitely reapplying for Fall 2013.

I'm gonna win this uphill battle.
    >>Mein Sketchbook<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh haha sorry, I wasn't aware of that. I got everything completed and then sent everything off at the same time. But yeah, They like to see the different stages of work. Gestures, more developed pieces and then finished pieces. Anyways, however you go about it getting their feedback is really helpful, I highly suggest it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok cool, thanks so much for the info everyone! I don't live in the area but I have met my advisor, I never considered e-mailing him my portfolio first to get his feedback!
    Yeah I was thinking of taking my best gestures and putting them onto one page.

Members who have read this thread: 1