Art: Noobs few first stop motion animations,opinions?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Noobs few first stop motion animations,opinions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Noobs few first stop motion animations,opinions?

hello all! newcomer here, i wanted to draw and animate something. so i draw michael jackson, frame by frame scanned drawings to jasc animator. edited a bit, used onion skins. nothing special just crazy amount of papers and working hours went for these 2 projects. colored with jasc also.

first try: michael jackson stop motion animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nbcCr8oR2gU

second try: remaked movie scenes by stop motion animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=03P6qh8PVAY

updated, uploaded 3rd frame by frame animation.

featuring martial artists, from their movie scenes.Featuring Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gybgaB1HhvA

:EDIT: had wrong url for jackson animation, now corrected.

feedback, hints, everything welcomed! i know they are nothing special but i drew about 300 papers for jackson and around 1200 for the movie tribute, so it took alot of work at least

Last edited by Brad Cruise; April 10th, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: wrong url in post
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

over 100 + clicks and not a single word wished id even saw "bad" but not even that

im making 3rd frame by frame animation starring martial artists, i did not mention i have no education or experience in animation, before these that is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Allright,... allright.
    Nice start with the rotoscoping, I think you've learnt a good deal while doing that. Now try to keep the white streaking, frame blur and animated blends to a minimum. Also, for your next run, try to find the appropriate keyframe to pause the video from... Extremes and few inbetweens should feel better. Before diving back into Jasc, you should read up on animation like The Animator's Survival Guide (Richard Williams) and/or pick up some Preston Blair's books.

What are you using to register your paper? You'd save a ton of time without having to re-align everything digitally after. ACME paper can be pricey but I'm sure there are alternatives out there. Using a camera instead of a scanner could also save you LOTS of time for your tests.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by egerie View Post
    Allright,... allright.
    Nice start with the rotoscoping, I think you've learnt a good deal while doing that. Now try to keep the white streaking, frame blur and animated blends to a minimum. Also, for your next run, try to find the appropriate keyframe to pause the video from... Extremes and few inbetweens should feel better. Before diving back into Jasc, you should read up on animation like The Animator's Survival Guide (Richard Williams) and/or pick up some Preston Blair's books.

What are you using to register your paper? You'd save a ton of time without having to re-align everything digitally after. ACME paper can be pricey but I'm sure there are alternatives out there. Using a camera instead of a scanner could also save you LOTS of time for your tests.
    Yay! thanks alot for feedbacking! im just using scanner/printer to scann each picture, it is quite time consuming lol ill try 1 more go with martial arts video tribute, with jackie chan, bruce lee and van damme. before trying to figure own story or "thing".

1 thing id have to ask tho, does the over -exaggarating of movements has to be there, since i havent done cartoons but "real life" people, i know it makes more sense to viewer whats happening on screen but it would take away the realism side and go more for cartoony side. any thoughts on that? and what comes for fades and those effects, i didnt want to draw like 50 or 100 papers just for few walk steps, so its easier that way to go for highlight moments, obviously and if you pause a real life movie, there is very much of motion blur, if there is fast movement of course, dont know other way of trying to go for same effect unless using motion blur :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    updated, uploaded 3rd frame by frame animation.

featuring martial artists, from their movie scenes.Featuring Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gybga...ature=youtu.be

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.