Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Journey from absolute zero

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LePush View Post
    what youre doing is good! you may feel discouraged at times, but youre on the right path, and the more studies you do and photo ref practice, the better youre gonna get! good luck, mate!
    Thank you for the kind words i would really like to get great at drawing. I know what you mean about feeling discouraged, I sometimes feel like i will never understand how people can create such nice works. but I'm just having faith that i will learn !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You are doing very well! Great Sketchbook, I suggest that first you concentrate on the skull construction.
    Never ever forget the proportions ! ^^

Go ahead, you're doing well

Thanks
    yes... perspective!! If you want to be able to represent 3D form you must understand perspective rather well. Check out Scott robertson's basic perspective drawing DVD: http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/323/ and practice that stuff like hell, but don't ignore all that other great non perspective stuff! wire frames I found helped me quite a bit.

oh ya.. after you go through that DVD, check out his rendering ones!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gijex View Post
    You are doing very well! Great Sketchbook, I suggest that first you concentrate on the skull construction.
    Never ever forget the proportions ! ^^

Go ahead, you're doing well
    thank you so many bones and angles ! but im trying to learn them all haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
    yes... perspective!! If you want to be able to represent 3D form you must understand perspective rather well. Check out Scott robertson's basic perspective drawing DVD: http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/323/ and practice that stuff like hell, but don't ignore all that other great non perspective stuff! wire frames I found helped me quite a bit.

oh ya.. after you go through that DVD, check out his rendering ones!
    yeah i agree ! i am getting through the loomis books, but i watched that matte surface dvd ! HUGE HUGE HUGE help, I didnt even understand how values worked , i still dont but i know allot more then nothing at all haha. I will be onto perspective after this loomis book Thank you for the comments though

Here is some practice with values, I never really understood how they worked but starting to understand the logic behind them there all a little off but ill study them more

Journey from absolute zero

Thanks
    And Some little cartoon Loomis heads, aswell as some painting practice

Thanks
    Thanks for commenting on my stuff. I'm seeing definate improvement in your values and anatomy, keep working hard!

Thanks
    Have lots of sketches to put in, but wil have to wait for me to scan them in, this is a face i started painting tonight from ref thanks for looking in

Thanks
    Sucking at rotating boxes in space Does everyone use this construction with boxes to draw? is it bad to not use it. I kind of feel more comfortable with gesture and drawing from that. Here are some more things i have been doing over the last few days

Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryActric View Post
    Sucking at rotating boxes in space Does everyone use this construction with boxes to draw? is it bad to not use it. I kind of feel more comfortable with gesture and drawing from that.
    Not everyone uses boxes; I personally find them cumbersome and prefer to use ovals for the ribcage and pelvis. Find what works for you and build on that.

I think what's most important is that you work out the general structure of the form before becoming preoccupied with details. You seem to be skipping ahead and ending up with disproportionate and asymmetryical figures.

Also, you might want to do some extra studies for the three-quarter view of the head as you seem to be having trouble getting the placement of the far eye right, often placing it a little too high.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dierat View Post
    Not everyone uses boxes; I personally find them cumbersome and prefer to use ovals for the ribcage and pelvis. Find what works for you and build on that.

I think what's most important is that you work out the general structure of the form before becoming preoccupied with details. You seem to be skipping ahead and ending up with disproportionate and asymmetryical figures.

Also, you might want to do some extra studies for the three-quarter view of the head as you seem to be having trouble getting the placement of the far eye right, often placing it a little too high.
    thank you for stopping by my sketchbook. Im not really sure why i do not like boxes but i have always felt ALOT more comfortable with ovals, a few of the manikins where from the doohinkus cartoons in loomis hence the dodgy proportions, But i do still need to learn alot more about real human proportions, as for heads you are 100% spot on with that. haha i need to learn to think about form and the form of the head when i place the eye. Hopefully in time i will get better, It has been one of those days where i question if i'll ever improve,silly fears i hope haha

Thanks
    Today i did some gesture drawings, and i got fed up with being confused about form, so i decided im going to draw it from every angle untill it begs for mercy ! Then just did a manikin from loomis and one from real life. Need to learn to see value. Dumb dumb eyes not being true to me </3. tomorrow ill keep drawing form from angles, and then continue on learning the figure once i am a little better at basic forms !

Thanks
    Woke up and did some more gesture drawings, i think im going to get in the habit of doing them every day ! they are nice to warm up my brain in the morning but also there fun !

today i spent a long time just drawing basic shapes, Trying to learn what things look like as they rotate, change angle, come closer and go further away. Like legs arms or fingers, wansnt worried about anatomy or proportions. Just trying to understand how the shapes look so i can begin to build my figures ! I also did a quick painting study, about 3 hours to try and learn about values. Unfortuantley the eyeball looks a bit boogley but i still learn a ton about value range !
    Thanks for looking in

Thanks
    Here is some stuff from today, I know its not very interesting yet but give me time guys and ill do some cool stuff !

Things learnt today
    - Introduction to female and male Proportions
    -Painting from abstract. Just messed up the canvas with a brush then made something from the changes in value and sculpted the forms

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast