Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    bleh ! one of those days that nothing looked good ! but some imagination doodles, some back anatomy, and a skin tone chick study. except i did the study at the end of the night rather then before my imagination doodles Going to wake up earlier tomorrow and draw harderrerererr!

Journey from absolute zero

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Stuff from today, Just trying new stuff out and doing anatomy and skin tones that scare me from how un natrual they look

Faces from ref

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    Just stuff from the last 2 days, tried my hand at zbrush, but about a 15 mins blooobb haha but i would like to learn to use it more ! Really loving drawing and painting more then anything these days !

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero[IMG]Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero[IMG]
    Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    todayyy, Gestures, 100% Opacity block ins to train my eye to see color. and finished that sketch, about 4-5 hours all up, and no reference. Also had the chance to try and do some painting on an Ipad, Its really hard but i would like to keep practicing

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    Some studies and stuff from imagination trying to see what i remember, also read a TON of colour theory, very interesting but i need to read more !

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    Hello Jerry! Was just trolling through CA.org forums and saw your post about art school in australia. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I started drawing at the beginning of the year. I've just finished my first term at Ashtons this term with David (Briggsy) (I only can afford to do one class a term =/) So if you want hit me up and we can have a chat.
    Ive seen you on the CD forums/livestreams too, seems we have similar goals and interests.

Keep pushing those values and dont be afraid of softer brushes

DeviantART // My Sketchbook
    If you have the time please show me some love and +watch or come by and check out my progress and crit me!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaik View Post
    Hello Jerry! Was just trolling through CA.org forums and saw your post about art school in australia. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I started drawing at the beginning of the year. I've just finished my first term at Ashtons this term with David (Briggsy) (I only can afford to do one class a term =/) So if you want hit me up and we can have a chat.
    Ive seen you on the CD forums/livestreams too, seems we have similar goals and interests.

Keep pushing those values and dont be afraid of softer brushes
    oh awesome man ! ill send you a PM thanks

here is the stuff from today and yesterday, wrote up a schedule and trying to get less distracted while i study ! want to power through this hump where i cant draw the things i want !

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    Hey all ! here is some stuff from the past 2 days, Still sucking at anatomy booo ! haha
    but im going to focus back on head drawing LOTS for the next few days, I really want to get them down abit better. 2 screen caps and the rest from imagination, Trying out soft brush too, was eh.. i like hard round much better but maybe i just need to practice with it more

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    Decided to work on heads alot, Im realizing that my construction is way worse then i thought it was, and that is what is causing alot of issue ! so more practice and trying painting with the RGB sliders, trying to think of light

Journey from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zeroJourney from absolute zero

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Good steps in the right direction! It's nice to see that you are really trying to understand the forms you are painting rather than only learning to spot the 2D shapes. This will help you a ton when it comes to drawing from imagination. Don't be afraid to really slow down and spend even like a week on a study, One of the biggest limiting factors in beginners is feeling like they go too slow or take too long and rushing to a 'finish' to compensate. I'm sure if you were really critical on yourself you could make one of these screencaps near perfect and learn a ton in the process.

It's just a suggestion based on some of the atelier philosophy of learning I've picked up in the last year. All in all you're doing great, just keep it consistent and don't get complacent. I don't think you will though, good luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miles_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_ View Post
    Good steps in the right direction! It's nice to see that you are really trying to understand the forms you are painting rather than only learning to spot the 2D shapes. This will help you a ton when it comes to drawing from imagination. Don't be afraid to really slow down and spend even like a week on a study, One of the biggest limiting factors in beginners is feeling like they go too slow or take too long and rushing to a 'finish' to compensate. I'm sure if you were really critical on yourself you could make one of these screencaps near perfect and learn a ton in the process.

It's just a suggestion based on some of the atelier philosophy of learning I've picked up in the last year. All in all you're doing great, just keep it consistent and don't get complacent. I don't think you will though, good luck
    Thank you Miles ! today i practice what you said about slowing down and everything come out ALOT easier and nicer ! i also started another screen cap study that im going to spend a whole week on Thank you for looking in at my SB !

Today i did some pencil study and it was suuuuuper fun ! Slowed right down and focused alot on construction, im starting to think its not drawing itself that is difficult, but its knowledge behind the marks. I was telling someone that i have been drawing alot more lately and they said yeah practicing to get the pencil to move like this * then they did some weird arm gesture haha * ( they are not into art at all )

and i said its not difficult getting the pencil to do what you want, but knowing why you want the pencil to do that. so i figure its smarter to spend ages drawing one head, and learn as much as you can from it, then drawing 10000000000000000 bad heads to make your SB look fancy. I guess only time will tell haha !
    refffff

Imaginationnnnn

Thanks
    It is always good to see someone start right from the start

Just push it, keep it goin , I can see the development already, actually it is not questionable at all, you just need to practice and practice

Thanks

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1