Guild wars 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Guild wars 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Guild wars 2

I cant remember A time when I've looked forward to a game more than this (besides black ops). There are a bunch of brilliantly funny beta videos from Bluexephos on the youtubes, which cover everything from dynamic events to class and character spotlights to instance scenarios.
    plus some of the concept art is fucking lovely (on the GW2 site media<concept art), and actually, when you see the game, so are the environments.
    Just look at the start screen FFS!
    my comp is not complying, I will try to edit this later and stick the video and some images here.
    I'm going to be a mesma, its like a magic-rouge type thingy.

when you see this game for the first time, it looks a little shirts off, short skirts, manga type stuff, but its not.

Last edited by Barefoot; April 5th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Lookin forward to it.

I've heard the "Second coming of MMORPG" story before, though, so I am keeping my expectations low.

Severely disliked the first game on basically every level except for the art thread that it generated, so I am skeptical. But I am hoping to be proven wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am kind of disappointed after looking at all that dynamite concept art. Not that the game looks bad, but it came out like a WOW wannabe, rather than what I saw in the concept art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I am kind of disappointed after looking at all that dynamite concept art. Not that the game looks bad, but it came out like a WOW wannabe, rather than what I saw in the concept art.
    Imo its far from a WoW wannabe, GW1 came out around the same time, and when WoW did better than them, they had to ask themselves: why?
    so they've seen what WoW did well, and avoided WoW's whole stabbing itself in the chest and pushing harder with every expansion thing. And they've come out with what looks like a really good game, nothing too gimmicky but way more interesting to play (what with the dynamic events and new mechanics), none of the quests are "acquire 10 bear flanks" or "kill 10 boars".
    And to be honest, not liking something because it similar to wow is like not liking someone because they look too much like Bradley Cooper, and I'm gonna come strait out and say it: he is gorgeous.
    WoW was a great game, but its old, the models are old, the engine is old, its no longer new and innovative.
    Did you take a look at the gameplay?
    Severely disliked the first game on basically every level except for the art thread that it generated, so I am skeptical. But I am hoping to be proven wrong.
    Its good to be skeptical about new games, especially when the prequel was so god damn awful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well let's just say from A SOURCEOGUHFRIENDCOUGHTHATGOTATHINGTHATSTARTSWITHBI NVOLVINGGUILDWARS2RUNONSENTENCE

That the game is very awesome, compared to the original or even World of Warcraft (of which he was a fanboy of for 5 years and about 6000 hours played). The only thing he complained about was that it didn't feel as smooth as WoW, in other words, invisible walls like the first game had. I'm hoping that crap is ironed out by the end of b :X.

World vs world vs world looks amazing.

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    only one game that i truly look forward to more....

DIABLO 3!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    GTA V

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I guess that style of fantasy just isn't my taste. I sort of lose interest when it's all about throwing fuck load of magic at eachother. There needs to be a suspension of disbelief. The gameplay looks pretty chaotic, I've never really followed the logic those sorts of games. There is probably a great deal of strategy, but I just can't see it.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; April 6th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I guess that style of fantasy just isn't my taste. I sort of lose interest when it's all about throwing fuck load of magic at eachother. There needs to be a suspension of disbelief. The gameplay looks pretty chaotic, I've never really followed the logic those sorts of games. There is probably a great deal of strategy, but I just can't see it.
    It's very, very entertaining in the whole world vs world vs world concept. You have up to 500 players on each side all battling on a gigantic battle field. It's fun to toss a whole shitload of spells into a group and get kills on people. Hard to explain unless you've experienced it. The closest thing I've found to it was old-school AV in WoW. Oh, and DAOC.

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MMORPGs aren't for everyone, I just haven't seen a better looking game in ages.
    Just so you all know, you can now preorder the game from the GW2 website, you get a free pass for the next beta weekend and you can reserve a character name too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ManHands View Post
    only one game that i truly look forward to more....

DIABLO 3!
    You and me both. May 15th can't arrive fast enough. I'm taking 2 weeks of PTO just to play that game.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argh I can't wait for GW2!
    After I stopped playing WoW two years ago I was waiting for a new mmo which will interest me. There it is GW2.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmmmm... if only
    ElderScrolls: Summerset!

Yeah I know, I just wasted like a hundred something hours on it Skyrim, but whatever, can't wait to do it again ;D

Members who have read this thread: 2