Canadian Schools Gearing Towards Concept Art?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Canadian Schools Gearing Towards Concept Art?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Canadian Schools Gearing Towards Concept Art?

I'm a 15 year old High School student, looking into working as a video-game-related concept artist when I'm older.

I reside in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and throughout all of my research on art college/universities I've found that ACAD (Alberta College of Art and Design) offers one of the best programs in relation to illustration/design - the VCD (Video Communications Design) program. However, if you have any information on other schools that would benefit me in doing concept art, or why other programs ACAD offers are better, please do tell - I'm trying to broaden my options as much as possible!

Also, I've looked through nearly all of the posts containing the word "ACAD" in this forum and the majority of them are quite old and outdated (the lot of them posted before the VCD program was even created! ), so if you have any "newer" general information in relation to my (probable) future work field, (preferably towards the illustration/design aspect of the school) I'd consider myself more than fortunate to have it shared with me!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, I hadn't even heard of this school. I too live in Alberta and was under the impression that all the art programs here were geared toward 'modern' art. I've been looking at schools in Ontario, but staying in the province would certainly be cheaper. Sorry, nothing to add, but I'll be waiting for any responses too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bump?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd also love to hear some more information on this subject.. Most of the discussion about Canadian schools (aside from Sheridan, and that's mainly animation discussion) seems to be outdated.

Members who have read this thread: 1